Voodoo Smile.........The Remix 7/22/12

Started by Nelson, July 03, 2012, 10:46:13 AM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I've been trying to write a title track, to draw folks to the Voodoo Smile album. (which does not exist)
I want it to be the kind of song that's fun to play.
Give the drummer some... give the axe man some etc.
I may have to get serious about my guitar work for this one.
Especially in the chorus, I think the strength of the song may depend on it.
I'm sure you'll get the general idea of what I'm going for.

The Remix 7/22/12
[reverbnation]14036897[/reverbnation]

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Facemask93

Well it does it for me , i certainly would delve deeper after hearing this as a title track , bloody good song Mister N

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Hook

I dig it Nelson! Super punchy groove, deep booming bass, vocals sound excellent!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Hey Nelson,
Great little vibe you've got going. Really nice vox.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Gritter

You rock dude. Quality song in every regard. A real belter as they say!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Reminds be of Lenny Kravitz's first (and excellent) DIY album 'Let Love Rule' before he hit the big time. This is f*cking stellar, Mr Nelson. A great groove and plenty of cool riffs. There's a Stonesy vibe to it too. The vocal-drum only part is amazing. It's all amazing, lol. As always!

maxit

wow! this is a killer one, I love the lyrics a bunch, love the vocals (harmonies are fantastic, and the spoken part is really giving boost to the song) your voice is making the best out of it. Now I'm not going to criticize solo guitar this time cause it's really fine LOL !
recorder
Audacity

maxit

... forgot to ask, I'm really curious to know what kind of effect you used on vocals to render that 'voodoo' feel, if you can tell
recorder
Audacity

SE

This works  as a title track for me, a real stand out, great groove, catchy tune, too has the lot, another cracker!
recorder
Boss BR-80