Current Festivals

Started by 64Guitars, July 01, 2012, 06:01:22 PM

Hilary

I'm not trying to be difficult but here's 2 links (and I didn't try very hard) that say he wrote it, they are both published and yes, I think they are both wrong - the 2nd one clearly states words and music by Robert Dwyer Joyce.

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/18173760
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0094935

. . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on January 03, 2014, 04:22:41 PMthe 2nd one clearly states words and music by Robert Dwyer Joyce.

In cases like this where's there's a conflict between different sources, then we'll allow the song, provided that the sources seem reliable (record credits, sheet music image, etc.) Sources that might not be considered reliable would include websites where the text is in the page rather than in an image. For example, in cuthbert's first link, "Composer: unknown" was added by the person who created that web page. But in the third link, it says "Traditional. Arranged by M. Turbridy" right it the sheet music image. That's more reliable since it suggests that the music publishers who printed the sheet music consider the song traditional, rather than just the person who made the web page.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 03, 2014, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Hilary on January 03, 2014, 04:22:41 PMthe 2nd one clearly states words and music by Robert Dwyer Joyce.

In cases like this where's there's a conflict between different sources, then we'll allow the song, provided that the sources seem reliable (record credits, sheet music image, etc.) Sources that might not be considered reliable would include websites where the text is in the page rather than in an image. For example, in cuthbert's first link, "Composer: unknown" was added by the person who created that web page. But in the third link, it says "Traditional. Arranged by M. Turbridy" right it the sheet music image. That's more reliable since it suggests that the music publishers who printed the sheet music consider the song traditional, rather than just the person who made the web page.

Yes, my thoughts too - thanks.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

fenderbender

Just to confuse things a little more
I was going to post -"Buffalo girls " as (hopefully ) traditional
as it was supposedly written in 1844

while I'm on the subject -
I have made up my basic backer on Chordpulse -bass and banjo
to which I have added acoustic guitars and vocals
does that strike me out ????
sorry If the query has been dealt with over and over

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Quote from: fenderbender on January 03, 2014, 06:37:18 PMJust to confuse things a little more I was going to post -"Buffalo girls " as (hopefully ) traditional as it was supposedly written in 1844

I assume you mean "Buffalo Gals" which was written by John Hodges in 1844. Though the writer is known, Wikipedia says "there is some dispute as to whether he composed the tune or adapted a traditional air", so we'll allow it since the origin is uncertain.

Quote from: fenderbender on January 03, 2014, 06:37:18 PMI have made up my basic backer on Chordpulse -bass and banjo to which I have added acoustic guitars and vocals does that strike me out ????

Well, that's a bit of a grey area. Since March 2012, the guide on Festivals has said "Please don't submit songs that include non-member performances. The festivals are only for music performed by members of Songcrafters." ChordPulse backers are not member performances; they're computer performances. So songs made with ChordPulse really shouldn't be included in our festivals. However, we've allowed them in the past, as well as songs made with Band-in-a-Box which is also a computer performance. So we'll continue to allow them for the time being. But we still plan to create our DIY boards one of these days and we reserve the right to be more strict about what we allow in our festivals once those boards are created. Probably only songs that qualify for posting in the DIY boards will be allowed in the festivals. That means you'll have to play all of the parts yourself except the drums. Of course, collaborations will still be allowed as long as everyone involved is a member of Songcrafters.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

fenderbender

Thanks for clarifying 64-

QuoteWell, that's a bit of a grey area. Since March 2012, the guide on Festivals has said "Please don't submit songs that include non-member performances. The festivals are only for music performed by members of Songcrafters." ChordPulse backers are not member performances; they're computer performances. So songs made with ChordPulse really shouldn't be included in our festivals. However, we've allowed them in the past, as well as songs made with Band-in-a-Box which is also a computer performance. So we'll continue to allow them for the time being. But we still plan to create our DIY boards one of these days and we reserve the right to be more strict about what we allow in our festivals once those boards are created. Probably only songs that qualify for posting in the DIY boards will be allowed in the festivals. That means you'll have to play all of the parts yourself except the drums. Of course, collaborations will still be allowed as long as everyone involved is a member of Songcrafters

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

Seems to me the Elton John fest wouldn't have been as confusing ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

Have we put The Band in as a possible fest? Am I in the wrong thread? I am, aren't I? I hate it when I do that. *goes to look up suggestion thread*
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Quote from: Hook on January 04, 2014, 07:22:00 AMSeems to me the Elton John fest wouldn't have been as confusing ;)

I concur!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

I'm just learning House on the Rising Sun on the uke - oh that's gonna be a treat boys  ???  ::)  :o

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça