selecting previously recorded but not mastered songs

Started by franckg, January 27, 2009, 03:55:35 PM

Hello.  I have recorded two multitrack songs (simply by issuing the create song request and recording).   Now I was trying to get back to the first one that I recorded and cannot find a way to do it.  Perhaps I'm making the false assumption that you can have more than one non-mastered song open at any given time.  Perhaps the create song just sets you up to write over any previously created but not mastered song.  I am very new to this and would appreciate it if somebody could clear this up before I go too far down the wrong path.

Tony

Start up your MBR
Press Utility
Press TRK1 [SNG]
Press TRK 1 [SEL]
Then use the value button (-/+) to select the song that you want.

That should help you find it.

Greeny

Quote from: franckg on January 27, 2009, 03:55:35 PMHello.  I have recorded two multitrack songs (simply by issuing the create song request and recording).   Now I was trying to get back to the first one that I recorded and cannot find a way to do it.  Perhaps I'm making the false assumption that you can have more than one non-mastered song open at any given time.  Perhaps the create song just sets you up to write over any previously created but not mastered song.  I am very new to this and would appreciate it if somebody could clear this up before I go too far down the wrong path.

Unless you've erased it, it will still be there. You should be able to find it as Tony says. If you're working on two or more live songs, you'll find it useful to re-name the songs for easy reference  :)

Tony

Given that this is the same Tony that only two posts ago was giving directions on how to find a song - why did I never think of renaming them?  Thanks Greeny, sometimes I amaze myself with my own stupidity.  I can't believe I never actually thought of naming them. 

On a side note, no pun intended, I dug out my ukulele today following the uke work that has been posted recently and was using the tuner function of the MBR, which I prefer to my Boss tuner/metronome, go figure, when I realised that I never go anywhere without the MBR these days and I use for so many different things.  Love this little box.  I keep all the drum tracks for my practice band in there so that I can practice those tunes, and all the rest.  Maybe Boss had better leave it like it is.  Any more features and I will have serious dependency issues.

Tony,   I followed your instructions and it appeared that I could finally see the recordings I had made.  However, using the value button to toggle between songs (03,02,01-bigdance) did not seem to reload the selected song.  What is the next step?  I tried utility, exit, play.  Nothing seemed to change it from the song I am currently working with, i.e., my last recording.

Tony

03 and 02 should be the two songs that you recorded.  01-bigdance is the demo that comes on the card.  So select 02 or 03 and then press TR4 [EXE] and that should load the song that you want.  If that doesn't work then I can't help because that's how you select a song. 

When you say you could see the recordings, what do you mean by see?  Did you see 03: SONG00...  or did you see 001-1-00 and then tempo etc.?  If you only saw 03: SONG00... then you did go far enough.  You have to go to TR4[EXE] to actually load the song.

If you saw the 001-1-00, tempo, etc. and you are still getting only one song then something is wrong.

Remember that when you go back to a song, the MBR returns to the original tempo and so if might sound different until you reset the desired tempo..

Good luck.