Rhythm Volume - am I missing something?

Started by Ferryman_1957, January 27, 2009, 04:10:48 AM

Ferryman_1957

I was playing back something I'm working on in mastering mode and was trying to adjust the rhythm track volume. I got to the rhythm level display and used +/- to change the setting, but it didn't have any effect. I changed the individual track volumes to get a balance, but I thought the rhythm volume could be chnaged. Am I missing something? Rhetorical question, perhaps I should say I am definitely missing something, do you know what it is?

Cheers,

Nigel

Greeny

You can definitely change it. On the main rhythm screen, you should be able to scroll right one using the '>' button to see the rhythm volume, which you can then adjust using the + / - buttons. As far as I can remember without a BR in front of me!  :)

64Guitars

Did you bounce your tracks during the making of this song and forget to turn off the rhythm? If so, the rhythm will also be recorded on the bounce destination tracks and adjusting the rhythm track level will have no effect on the audio tracks resulting from the bounce. You'll need to redo the bounce, making sure to turn off the rhythm so that the drums are only in the rhythm track and not on any audio tracks. Then you'll be able to control the rhythm level as Greeny described.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ferryman_1957

Doh! That's it. I did a bounce and had the rhythm on. So I guess I've got two rhythm tracks playing - one on the bounce and the rhythm itself (which explains the slight phasing effect I get on some of the snare hits).

Still learning, thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Nigel