Time for a change(new song)

Started by kenny mac, June 15, 2012, 10:49:58 AM

kenny mac

Time for a change
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song has just been completed and was origionally going to be an acoustic song,but during the writing process the line "Lets make some noise" came up and then the instruments came out  ;D

bruno

Nice recording and tune. A question, the first verse sounds like a lot of the top end has been rolled off, so sounds a little muffled, although it sounds nicely intimate - was that the effect you were after? The second vocal that comes in is much more open.

This is a really very good song - I like it lots - and great singing on this. Nice ending with the kill switch :)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

AndyR

Ooh, I like this a lot. I love how it hangs together, and at the same time you have vocal sections disappearing off as if they're leaving.

Really inventive recording.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts off with what he thought was an acoustic song, and then ends up with something else :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

kenny mac

Hi ,thanks for your Input,Regarding the vocal ,The setting was the same all the way through but when I sang in the lower register for the 1st part it was meant to creep in with the music(almost a whisper) at the start before lifting with the statement,"Lets make some noise".I just held the akg condenser mike at arms lenth for the bigger part of the vocals.

AndyR

Yeah, I'd meant to say that the vocals worked for me - and it felt like it was deliberate - I did get that "creeping-in" vibe, so it sounds like it worked out ok!

And are you really saying you're holding the mic?! I couldn't manage that without recording handling noises... I have enough problems with stray foot-stomping and other extraneous noises I make when "performing" the vox :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Quote from: AndyR on June 15, 2012, 12:22:20 PMAnd are you really saying you're holding the mic?! I couldn't manage that without recording handling noises... I have enough problems with stray foot-stomping and other extraneous noises I make when "performing" the vox :D

YEH Granted I had to make sure there wasnt too much movement but it was easier to controlle it on the high notes by drawing the mic away ,I was very aware at this point that crowd surfin was not an option lol ;D

Riche

Very good .. really cool track, excellent guitar riff.

Rich

Gnasty

Hey this is great Kenny. We`re gonna have to call this place Kennycrafters soon if any other Kens join.

Yeah i like that guitar sound and addition. Perfect! Amazing vocals and great song!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

kenny mac

Yeh heard a mention of a Ken fest lol ;D