Festival Submissions for previous festivals no longer accepted

Started by 64Guitars, June 09, 2012, 02:52:10 PM

64Guitars

The admin team has decided that we'll no longer add songs to non-current festivals. We've done this in the past but as we create more and more festivals (two every two months), it gets less and less practical to add songs to the previous festivals. We currently have 32 festivals. We add 12 new festivals each year, so at the end of 5 years we'll have 92 festivals! Chances are that every song posted will qualify for at least one previous festival, and possibly several. It's far too much work to add every song to one or more festivals, so we're going to stop that now before it gets out of hand.

Also, I think the festivals become a bit more special if we limit them to only the songs posted during the festival. If we keep adding songs to a festival after it's ended, I think the new songs take the spotlight away from the songs that were posted during the festival (if only slightly). So I think it's best to accept songs only during the festival. Songs posted after the festival ends will no longer be added to the festival. One exception is that we'll allow a few weeks for late entries as long as the song was started during the festival. That way, if you start a song during the festival but don't get it finished on time, you can still post it up to a few weeks after the festival ends and it will be added to the festival. But songs that weren't even started till after the festival ended will not be added. If you start a song during a festival and you don't get it finished on time, send me a PM to let me know you're still working on it and I'll watch for your post and add it to the festival.

Another problem with adding songs to previous festivals is that it reduces the incentive to have a sequel festival. For example, our most popular festival ever was BeatlesFest and we'd like to have a BeatlesFest II someday. But if we keep adding Beatles songs to the original BeatlesFest jukebox, there isn't much of a reason to vote for BeatlesFest II. I'd rather see a BeatlesFest II than a perpetual BeatlesFest 1.

So, from now on, please use the festival submission message icon only for current festivals.

Thanks.

More info on festival submissions here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=13

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 09, 2012, 03:09:24 PMCAN WE HAVE A LATEFEST?

Yes. When you're dead, we'll have a festival for the late oldrottenhead.  ;)

Now, where did I leave my gun?  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

Gnasty

Quote from: kenny mac on June 09, 2012, 03:48:23 PMHa ha now that's what we need .....humour fest ;D

We already did a ComedyFest! I sang about my Gnassty Hemroids!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 09, 2012, 03:16:27 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 09, 2012, 03:09:24 PMCAN WE HAVE A LATEFEST?

Yes. When you're dead, we'll have a festival for the late oldrottenhead.  ;)

Now, where did I leave my gun?  :D

Can i have first dibbs on dead-fest for ORH??!!!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Back to seriousness! I think this is a good idea. I always wondered the point of these fests if we were always
just adding songs a year later anyway. Now i gotta make sure i`m punctual! Good Luck with that!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on June 09, 2012, 04:05:34 PMWe already did a ComedyFest! I sang about my Gnassty Hemroids!  ;D

I just went to the ComedyFest jukebox to have a listen to Hemorrhoid Rashes and it's gone! I assume you removed your attachment?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

oh yeah ill put it back up! Thanks for reminding me 64. I took it down cuz i was gonna make its quality better but
i never will now, and why have quality on that song anyway!

Ok its done!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

I think this is a very wise decision. The only exception I would like to suggest is the "TributeFests". Maybe a separate jukebox collecting up all Songcrafter tributes? Also I would suggest that the tributes should be posted in "originals" rather than "covers". .... just a thought ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........