The Darker Side of Me

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, June 04, 2012, 03:17:46 PM

The Darker Side of Me1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, not sure where this came from, I can only think it was my darker side..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Cool song WW. Thats some nice geetar playing there. I like the pinches. THose drums sound really good. What do you use? It`s wicked when the vocals come in and love the background vocals. Great vibe!!
Kinda Tommy Petty sounding  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

andy casson

Blimey Willie 8 and a half minutes fella! But very nicely done, just had no idea you were heading into Rock Opera territory! I loved those backing vox, how did you achieve them? The first 2-3 minutes had me thinking we were heading into another tv theme from you! Loved it

Great song
andy

The Reverend 48

Willie you had me from the opening solo!
Great Lead Guitar work....
Proper Prog Rock...You are really stretching yourself on this
A great piece of music
Well Done!

dobrodaddy

Epic, Willie, just epic!  Love the guitar work both mixed up front and mixed back.  Great vox and stellar sounding harmonies.  Real alt.country feel on those for me.  You create some amazing music, my friend.  Take a BIG bow on this one!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Farrell Jackson

Wow a 4 minute intro! I can hear you are exploring the  creative "darker side of you". Good guitar work and vocals...the backing vox are very cool.  Stretch some more Willie!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

fenderbender

Top class Willie-
had no idea where you were heading with this recording
class.
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

Wow, this is a big one, bro! I like where you are going with this - Very fresh and interesting to me!

Love the performance, and the moody playing and singing.

Sweeeeeet!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hi all and thank you for your kind comments. The backing vocals were done with me on one side of the room bellowing into an external mike on the other, adding a whole load of reverb and putting it a long way back in the mix. In terms of accuracy of pitching they're quite appalling but seem to fit the overall sound. Cheers............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

This one kept me on my toes. Love the extended intro into the dogs barking, then straight on to awesome!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely