a glow by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 02, 2012, 08:24:43 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2012, 04:11:17 PMcan anyone put a name on the above chords

Here are a bunch of sites where you can find chord names of any chord:

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=guitar+chord+name+finder

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

i googled for ages to no avail but first link worked 64. but i am still none the wiser  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

QuoteA  aug5 sus4 ||R4a5
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2012, 05:12:00 PMi googled for ages to no avail but first link worked 64. but i am still none the wiser  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The numbers refer to intervals of the scale. An interval is just the position of a note in the scale. The first note of the scale is the root note. The third note of the scale has an interval of 3. The fifth note of the scale has an interval of 5. The seventh note of the scale has an interval of 7, and so on.

A triad (3 note chord) has the root, the 3rd, and the 5th. For example, here's the C major scale:

The root is C, the 3rd is E, and the 5th is G. So a C major triad looks like this on the guitar:

It's a triad because it only has 3 notes, even though some of them are repeated.

Now let's consider your C major 7 chord (the second one in your chord picture). The notes of each string (from thickest to thinnest) are E C E G B G. We still have the three notes of the C major triad (C, E, and G) but now we have a fourth note, B. Looking at the C major scale above, we see that B is the 7th note of the scale. So we have a C major triad plus a 7th, making it a C major 7 tetrachord (4-note chord).

Referring to the piano keyboard picture of the C major scale above, play a C major triad and a C major 7 tetrachord on your Juno to hear the difference.

If you want to know more, Google "chord theory".

http://www.google.com/search?q=chord%20theory

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

andy casson

Beautiful song Jim, also learnt a bit about chord theory, thanks 64G!

andy

Hi Jim, as much as I love your work on the Juno your voice with one guitar always sound perfect to me and this is no exception...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Tender and touching, love it brother!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Listnin' to great music and learning chord theory - What more could anyone ask for? Well, maybe bacon, beer and boobs!

Cool tune Jimmy!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

bruno

Lovely lyric's ORH.
Very touching.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

lg

Yes! OMG James... you've perfectly managed to capture the moment!
I don't know how you do it?
But, it is awesome!
Piepod

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann