BR-600 V-Track Question

Started by badrail, May 19, 2012, 10:39:12 AM

badrail

I'm having great success (and fun!) recording and mastering stuff, thanks for the help received thusfar. I presented one original song to the North Houston chapter of the Nashville Songwriters Association Intl meeting last month and received some encouraging feedback.
Question, on a song that I have recorded the bass line on TR1V1 and a lower vocal part on TR1V2. When I go to bouncing the complete song all I hear on TR 1 is either V1 or V2, how do I get both parts bounced? (it's probably in the manual but I can't find it...) Any help again is greatly appreciated!!!

Bad Rail

badrail

One other bit of info, on TR1V1 where the bass part is, it stops playing at measure 90 in the song and the vocal part on TR1V2 starts on measure 91. If I delete TR1V2 and record the vocal part on TR1V1 at measure 91 will loose the previously recorded bass part up to measure 90? Or can the vocal part from measure 91 on TR1V2 be moved to measure 91 on TR1V1 without affecting the bass before measure 90? Thanks again!

badrail

Okay guys, it helps to read the manual.... On page 79 it shows how to move data from one track/V-track to another with a specified time location. Got it done first try. Thanks anyway and happy recording!!

Geir

Glad you figured it out. You can also copy to/from specific MEASURE location. That will probably be easier.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

badrail

Another question: I had to record 3 separate guitar parts for a song, I used 2V1 for the verses, 3V1 for the chorus, then 4V1 for a keychange on the last verse and chorus. I wanted to put them all on track one so I moved: 3V1 to 2V2, 4V1 to 2V3. When I went to bounce them only 2V1 was audible before and after the bounce. What am I doing wrong? 

Geir

You can only listen to one V-track pr track at once. If you don't have any overlaps in the 3 tracks you want to merge you can copy the different sections to one  track, but be sure to set the correct "FROM-TO" timing parameters so you don't overwrite any segments. But the safest is to bounce the 3 tracks to a new track. You mute the tracks you dont want to be in the mix and set the levels on the three you want to bounce into one and go to bounce-mode (I don't have a 600 so I'm not sure what you must press to get there).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........