Creating rythmn arrangements

Started by DCM, January 25, 2009, 02:07:33 AM

DCM

Hi, I am having problems with trying to create my own drum/rythmn arrangemnts on the micro BR. I have tried following the steps in the manual but dont get very far. The steps i am following after creating a new song are:

1> Press the RYTHMN button to enter rythmn mode
2> Press TR1 to turn on rythmn
3> Press TR2 to ensure >AR is showing
4> This is where i get stuck, the manual says to press the cursor <> keys to move the cursor to select (S) for song, nowhere on my display can i see an option for (S) or (P) on my display to select.

Can anyone please advise where i am going wrong.

DCM

Ok its weird if i select PT instead of AR then i do get options to edit and then select between P and S ?

ianjm

Hi make it so that PT is showing by pressing RHYTHM and then TR2 move the curser to make sure s01 is showing. Then EDT and then STP and you can now edit the arrangement.

The first number is the step no, the second is the bar no, the third the rhythm  choice and the fourth is the tempo.

I always choose the pattern and just use this as step 1 so that you have a basic beat for the song. Then I record all of the song and then the last thing I do is edit the rhythm. I find this easier as you then know which bars have fill ins breaks and so on.

Hope this helps, once youve done a couple it is realy easy.... ;)

DCM

Thanks for the reply; il'l give it a try.

Wiley

Yes thanks for the post.  I spent most of Sunday trying to make an arrangement also.  didn't have any luck.  But this might help.  good Luck. 
P.J.