My 1st original - Death Sentence

Started by Mojo1961, May 17, 2012, 07:21:57 PM

Gritter

Very good song played with a lot of feeling. Cool dynamics, love the dark vibe. Excellent first original...keep 'em coming!

Ferryman_1957

Interesting sombre mood here, I think you really captured the feeling of the lyrics in the music. I really like the way it builds and breaks down at the end, and the guitar solo is excellent. Very nice work for your first original, well done!

Cheers,

Nigel

Gnasty

Hey Martin,

I heard this last week just wasn`t around to comment. Excellent first original buddy. You got your hands dirty now. Don`t stop there. great production too! Write some more!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Martin... Missed this one... Glad I was following Eric around. You've done a helluva great job here. This is a superb first take on an original. It is so nice to see people blossom musically on this site. I agree with Eric... Keep em coming. I can sense you've got the bug... It's fine by me... Just means we'll have more killer tunes coming our way.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Mojo1961

Sorry I haven't been able to respond to the latest comments till now. Just kinda busy the last week.

Gritter, thanks for the mention of the dynamics, I've listened to so much talent on this site, and I notice how important they are to getting a good song production.

Nigel, thank you for commenting on the ending and the solo. It took 11 takes of different ideas until this solo fit what what I was trying to express in the song.

Eric and Tod, thanks for the encouragement, I for sure will do more songs, I've got the bug now.

Martin

recorder
Boss BR-600

stone1745

I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT VERY COOL

andy casson

Nicely done Martin, I enjoyed this! Great first song, reminded me very much of Bauhaus vibe from early 80's (Bela laguisi's dead etc). Nice solo anf guitar tones...keep 'em coming

andy