New guitar

Started by chip, May 16, 2012, 02:48:57 AM

chip

Just bought one of these

http://guitarbuyermagazine.com/gear/7-guitars/992-italia-rimini-6-a-12-.html            review

http://proguitarshop.com/italia-rimini-6-tbb.html  demo

I have the 6 string. Can't justify the ££££££££££ on a Ric  but this looks and sounds really cool.

Also I cleaned all my guitars with this  

http://www.poshguitars.com/poshguitars/Gerlitz_Guitar_Care/Entries/2012/3/9_The_Works.html

and very good it is too, my old acoustic which hasn't been cleaned for two years, which goes with me everywhere and lives in the taxi looks brand new after the treatment and believe me it was grimy.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Flash Harry

Looks simply gorgeous!

Can't wait to hear it. Get something posted!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Those Rimini's are right up my street. I've seen some decent reviews, and I love the whole style and vibe of them. Would love one myself, but I can't justify one of those AND my Danelectro, lol.

Great guitar - let's hear the recorded sound!

Hook

Purddy geetar!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chip

Well, the guitar is simply stunning, quality wise it's stunning, very well put together, set up and ready to go straight out the box unlike the Tokai which we all know about. It looks better in the flesh than on the tube/photo's not as big looking, very petite, alarmingly pretty and the finish is flawless. I have the cherry sunburst one and I got it for £299 the last one they had, normal price varies from £340 to £460 ish, so I have a bargain.

The sound........... Well I played it through the Bugera and ...... is it a Ric?........ no but it aint far away,  very jangly, sparkly, there is a load of tone to be had from dark through to bright, also sustain. I Put it through the 80 but it ain't the same as through the valves. So I will take it to our next outing and hit T Petty mode and see where we end up'

The detail, workmanship is really that good and the price for such a guitar is outstanding value, Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker take note. This one is staying and I may get the 12. Verdict, recommended, get one.

Geir

Very cool. I sure would love to have one of those 12-strings!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

Beautiful!  I have never seen these!

Facemask93

Thanks Chip , i might check one of these out this weekend , I'm in the market for a new guitar , and these look amazing

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

chip

Quote from: facemask93 on May 18, 2012, 04:19:13 PMThanks Chip , i might check one of these out this weekend , I'm in the market for a new guitar , and these look amazing

Rob

Nice one, let us know what you reckon, I am sure you won't be disappointed

chip

Well the Italia went into battle last night, I took it and the Gibson, the room was hot, very hot.  First off was the Gibson which has had strings on for a month or so, after two songs it's out of tune. Now the Italia which has been sitting on the stand  with brand new strings and is tuned up a hour before, no checking the tuning just straight in to a song. And it's still in tune, what's more it stays in tune all night. It sounds great the cleans are very sparkly and when it gets dirty it shines too, lead playing is very easy and it does this very well. It looks great, everyone loves it.

The Gibson makes a return but lots of adjustment is needed, remember it's about 100 degrees in the sticky boozer. The Rimini is back, still in tune having sat next to a fan and next to a hot Blackstar. Quite remarkable really, the guitar is still untouched and is playing straight out the box no set up of any kind needed. I just got it out of it's case this morning and it's still in tune, the Gibson? ...........way out.

Very pleased with this guitar, pretty much does it all and looks a million dollars. Amp used, Bugera V22, no effects.