taking us over to the other side by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 15, 2012, 04:49:04 PM

thetworegs

What a beauty...Jim ....i've been taken.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

thanks for the kind comments guys, this one just kinda happened, the first line came out my mouth and the rest sort of wrote itself.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

This is very special Jim, the lyrics are superb but there's a real sensibility in the music that suits the feeling of uncertainty in the whole song. It really needs a "celtic" feel to the vox and yours are extra special here, lovely sensitive vocalisation and you really use your "lilt" well. The guitar is simple but very lovely and it's got an authentic feel to it.

My only criticism is it's a bit short! I'd love to hear a version with some acoustic instruments soloing, fiddle or mandolin would be lovely. 

Stand out fantastic, one of my all time favourites from you.

Cheers,

Nigel

SE

Love this kinda stuff, love the lyrics, just captures the spirit of the people who did go to the other side
Me and the mrs at Ellis island a few years ago
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

This is one of my all time favourite songs of yours jim ,your voice really suits this genre of music and great lyrics.

bruno

Lovely. Full of hope, passion and trepidation. I really like the bare and open recording as well.
Great track.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600