Drank All The Red (under2fest)

Started by Bluesberry, April 28, 2012, 06:21:54 PM

Bluesberry

Thanks everybody and thanks to Jim for penning and singing those very cool lyrics.  Voice and guitar meshed so wonderfully, thats what I like.

Quote from: Tony H on April 29, 2012, 03:19:32 PMWow the guitar sounded amasing. Was it through a mic or were you playing through a pickup.
The guitar was recorded using the onboard mics on my BR-80, set in front of me on my desk,  recorded into LiveRec mode which goes straight to a WAV.  Then I brought the WAV into mtr mode and tweeked the EQ to take down some mids (a bit boomy sounding) and mastered with clean compression setting.  I am pretty happy with the recorded sound and it was relatively painless to record this way.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Holy shit this is an amazing song you guys!! BB once again, you play that Seagull awesome and
it sounds incredible. That`s a great way you recorded it too. Thanks for that info!! Those are the
best lyrics Jim! I love that style of writing and it fits in perfect!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Kenny B

WOW!!!  This is an excellent tune and the recording/mix is fantastic!!!

Dave ... your guitar playing is simply beautiful .. and Jim ... you voice sounds
better than ever ... DIG THIS!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Beautiful song, guys!!! I had been playing it quite a bit yesterday, and started right on it again this morning. Just a sweeet-tastic number!

This is an awesome collab - Almost as if you guys were hanging out together on the front porch. You were both born to do it!!

Yell yeah, I love it!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Beautiful playing (and recording), BB - and excellent lyrics and vox from orh.

I used to have a Seagull S6 - an early one, I think, that I bought new in the late 80s or early 90s. I traded it in 2005 for an even more beat-up Guild D-25 at the late Daddy's Junky Music. I like the Guild, but there are times when I miss that old Seagull!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

The Seagull soars again here, but that guitar will only sound this good if there is some talented bugger playing it, and that is some mighty fine playing once again BB.

This is simply wonderful, it has such a warm quality to it with Jim's vocal delivery.

I could easily listen to 5 minutes of this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

WOW there's some fine music being posted these days !! And this is one of my new favourites. The guitar-work is fabulous Dave, and the sound of that Seagull is to die for. And Sir Rottenhead is surely in a good spot these days. Excellent vocals James !!

This one's a keeper!

piPod bound!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Just caught up with this little cracker, that guitar sounds fantastic and ORH finishes it off with terrific vox a pleasure to listen to magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

bruno

Missed this one BB - that acoustic sounds outstanding - great song. Excellent job.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

Brilliant collab....missed this one first time Round...excellent

If Life is a dream then use your imagination