Mp3 to WAV Converting

Started by Roytoy, April 24, 2012, 05:37:42 PM

Roytoy

Y'all are gonna get to watch me struggle with this. I see there is a bunch of Mp3 to WAV converter software out there. Does anyone have a favorite? I'm trying to get some Mp3 tracks converted so my BR1200 can upload them. I downloaded Audacity, but all I don't see on there how to convert the files. All I see is how to upload them. The reason I have to ask is because I don't want to just keep downloading stuff to my computer to find out if it works or not. I just need pointed in the right direction. I know how to operate my BR, so I shouldn't need to bug anyone about that, in fact I may be able to help someone sometime.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oldrottenhead

you can convert mp3s to wav in audacity, gimme 5 minutes and i'll post a link to explain.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Roytoy

Thanks! I'll look at it after dinner. I tried dragging and dropping the file that I wanted to use in Audacity, but I got a "wrong file type" message, and that's when I sent up this flare. I'll let you know how this goes.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oldrottenhead

mmm i have an older version of audacity it could be you need an mp3 plug in for audacity but not sure.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 24, 2012, 05:46:40 PMhere you go http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-convert-mp3-file-wav-format-with-audacity-344472/

Good video. I tried to find one like this for Roytoy on YouTube without success. Never thought of searching elsewhere.

Here it is embedded for easier access:

As oldrottenhead said, you first need to install the LAME encoder as per the instructions on the Audacity page (see the link oldrottenhead provided).

Once LAME is installed, then the procedure for converting an MP3 to a WAV file is:

1) Open Audacity and select Open from the File menu. Select the MP3 file you wish to convert and click the Open button.
2) With the MP3 now loaded into Audacity, go to the File menu again and select Export. Choose the folder where you wish the WAV file to be saved and give the file a suitable name. Make sure the file type is set to "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM", then click the Save button.

That's it!  Easy, isn't it?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

I always use switch, I had trouble with mp3's and audacity so I never changed my routine. I finish up the mix by trimming the ends then export as .wav, drag into switch, piece of cake...ohhhh cake!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Roytoy

Thanks guys! I will work on it this weekend and I will let you know how it goes. I'm at work right now, or I would try it right away.
recorder
Boss BR-1200