Fairport Convention, yesterday evening

Started by alfstone, April 24, 2012, 11:35:50 AM

Oldrottenhead

cool alfredo i thought they hads retired long ago. butstill gowing strong.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

oh i need to go back up the loft and find leige and lief
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

Wow , excellent , bet they were good , saw them many years ago

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

alfstone

Quote from: facemask93 on April 24, 2012, 12:02:29 PMWow , excellent , bet they were good , saw them many years ago

Rob

Yes, Rob, they were really good, after 45 years on the road they keep on showing their great talent. The vocal parts were really beautiful (by Simon Nicol, Chris Leslie and Dave Pegg), often very complicated and full of counterpoint. Ric Sanders is a wizard on the fiddle, and Chris Leslie makes great things on the mandolin.
BTW I've recorded the videos using a camera, a Sony DSC-W300. It was the first time I was trying to use a camera as a video recorder, and I was rather skeptical about the sound quality, but at the end I was surprised, the audio is on the whole rather good, so I've decided to "tube" them...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Lurker

I'm impressed at the sound you got from holding up a camera.  I'd keep that camera.

I went to see these guys while I was in London in 1988.  I remember that I had a good time and I really enjoyed the music.  That's about all I remember.  There was a lot of beer ... and a lot more beer.