'Time Has Taken Me' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, April 23, 2012, 04:05:19 AM

Geir

so this is also #4 ??? hmmm .... how many albums do you have in the making ?

Excellent, classy Greeny stuff. I thought I heard the bass too, but I realized it was only my imagination. I think I know how it would sound tho, Greeny style, and the fact that I can is a big compliment to your bassplaying !!

----> piPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

maxit

yea! I love greeny stile, and when it comes to such superb song it's a pleasure. is there a greeny style university to sign up? I'm gonna steal some chords this time ;-)
recorder
Audacity

TPB

I would have to agree I think the bass may distract from the total feel of the song. Song is light and airy as it stands very nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Kenny B

This is excellent!!!  I like the way you come in in the beginning and then
all comes together as all you songs do.  You always seem to add another
wrinkle to keep it fresh and new ... you're the King of Melody as far I'm
concerned ... and you may be the master of the MBR as well!!!

As far as Bass ... I guess it's the guitar overtones or whatever some of us
are hearing ... actually ... I'm hearing/imagining Flash Harry putting one
of his perfectly enhancing basslines on this like those ones he put on
some of your earlier SongCrafter's Classics ... just my opinion though.

A wonderful tune.

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony H

Another Greeny masterpiece. When will it end???? Never I hope. ;D
Tony

recorder
Boss BR-800

Delightful Tim, absolutely delightful. Nice jangly guitars, lush strings and great vox. Does it for me...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

andy casson

Tim, just love listening to your songs! There's a quality to the writing and execution I can't seem to ever achieve, tho I try. Wonderful

andy

GeantdAuton

Beautifull and dowloaded. Thanks.

How is it possible for an acousting guitar to sound like that with a micro BR ?

Greeny

Quote from: GeantdAuton on April 26, 2012, 03:24:04 PMBeautifull and dowloaded. Thanks.

How is it possible for an acousting guitar to sound like that with a micro BR ?

There are two layers of acoustic on this (my Tanglewood electro-acoustic). One is straight into the MBR via a guitar lead (effects OFF!), and the other is a mixture of guitar lead and mic. The latter method gives a nice 'live' and organic sound.

A lot of the tone seems to be down to the quality of the guitar. I'm lucky that my Tanglewood is a real beauty. My old Takamine doesn't even come close, and my Ibanez Masa is somewhere in between (but is a real beast in a live setting...).

Redler

Another Greeny classic! It is difficult to find new words to describe your music - I just enjoy of it! Thanks for the recording tips, too!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR