"Obvious" a Hook original w/Rata-Tat-Tat

Started by Hook, April 12, 2012, 08:25:28 PM

Hook

Obvious
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So this is most likely the last tune to be recorded entirely on the ps-02. I exported RTT's rock drum track onto my smartmedia card through Zoom's wave converter program and the next day (last Tue.) I set up in my car to record and I press play and this is the drum part I had. Somehow through the export process it slowed the track down, This is the same track bruno used for superstition, and I think someone else used it too ???. I dug the slow groove and out came this tune. I wanted to do some serious multi tracking with the ps-02 and set out to record & bounce & record & bounce, record & bounce, record & bounce and sort it all out in audacity later. Well I ended up accidentally recording over so many takes it got stupid. I was supposed to have more control over the mix but know that I've added the 004 into the set-up I'm calling this one done.
The final mix consisted of
2 -stereo mix (bounces) of tracks that got lost, 2 clean uke tracks, 1 flanger uke, 1 acoustic guitar/bass track, some other tracks I don't remember!
2- vocal tracks (through the on-board mic)
1 drum track
1 swirly effected uke
1 lead distortion uke

"Obvious"
drums by Rata-Tat-Tat
music & lyrics by Hook

Rogue baritone uke,
Dean Exotica acoustic guitar for the barely heard bass line

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

baterpruf

I couldn't believe how bad it sounds but then I realised I didnt plug the earphones properly (I'm using one fo these weird three contact jack earphones for mobile). Now it's OK I just miss the bass.

BR-80

launched

I really dig this one - How you got this slowed down was good luck! Cool vibe, you wrote a cracking song, bro. The vocals on the left sound excellent - However you did that keep doing it, love the crispiness.

Sweeeeeet!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

bruno

Another great song Hook. Amazed you got all those tracks onto the PS-02 - it doesn't sound like the multiple bounces have degraded. Strange how the drum track slowed down!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

This is kewl Hook... has a spacey trippy vibe to it. Sounds like the drums got a little degraded on the import... not sure why it imported like that... Maybe 64 or one of the smart guys on the site can shed some light. It's a great song...Maybe I'll be able to lay some clean drums on it sometime for ya... gonna be gettin pretty busy soon!!! Not sure how much time i will have. Great job Hook.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Thanks for listening guys!

RTT- yea the drums definitely lost quality (and speed) on the export, I wanted to test it so I imported the original track again onto it again and the same thing happened, same speed. It also slowed down your jungle beat, that might be too slow to work with, haven't had time to get into that one. I think this is a pretty good song and I'm not terribly unhappy with what I got here but I would have loved to have had the bass track by itself and the clean ukes to mix it better, but once there gone on the unit there gone! I might re-visit this one another time but for know it's time to move on to the next one.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

excellent song. can't comment on sound quality now, but will come back to that :) great vox and great music tho. and you can't beat real drums ..... oh well you can can't you ? ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on April 12, 2012, 08:25:28 PM1 swirly effected uke

This should be the name of as band or a 32nd flavor at Baskin Robbins.

Nice tune with a super creative approach. A little low end would glue it together a bit more.

"Swirly effected uke..."  You slay me.

Blooby

Groundy

Great Music, and great Vox. Top shelf Material............Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Gnasty

I wanted to try effects on my uke too. You beat me to it bro!! This song is F#%kin Aces man!
Yeah i don`t know what happen to Tod`s drum track but it still fits to me. You rock as usual!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity