Main Menu

Panning

Started by Tangled Wires, January 23, 2009, 04:14:29 AM

Tangled Wires

I have a song currently recorded with 4 tracks on (Acoustic guitar, lead guitar, bass and electric rythm) and have panned each one alternately left and right (i have set the pan at 30 for each track)

These four tracks have been bounced to two tracks in order that I can add some keyboards and vocals, and would appreciate any advice on the following:-

a) Do vocal tracks get panned just one way, or do you double track them and pan one to the left and one to the right?

b) Should the keyboards be panned just one way?

c) My two bounced tracks were panned before they were bounced, so do I need to pan these again?

Thanks

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tkofaith

Quote from: andrewh on January 23, 2009, 04:14:29 AMI have a song currently recorded with 4 tracks on (Acoustic guitar, lead guitar, bass and electric rythm) and have panned each one alternately left and right (i have set the pan at 30 for each track)

These four tracks have been bounced to two tracks in order that I can add some keyboards and vocals, and would appreciate any advice on the following:-

a) Do vocal tracks get panned just one way, or do you double track them and pan one to the left and one to the right?

b) Should the keyboards be panned just one way?

c) My two bounced tracks were panned before they were bounced, so do I need to pan these again?

Thanks

a)Most people keep the lead vocals centered.
b)That's really a matter of personal preference.
c)No

Good luck!  Post a copy when you're done.  We'd all love to hear it!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Tangled Wires

Thank you very much for this. I will endavour to post this on here once complete

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tkofaith

Glad to help!  I look forward to hearing the results of your labors.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton