Micro BR Drum Maps

Started by 97teledlx, January 22, 2009, 01:45:27 PM

97teledlx

Has anyone written out the maps for any/all drum patterns contained in the Micro BR? Does anyone have a document containing this information? I suppose a nice Excel spreadsheet would work out well for this application.  Thanks, Mark

Tony

I'm not sure what you mean by a map but the drum arrangements are written out on p.117 of the manual. It gives the number, the name, the initial tempo, the beat (which is a bit redundant given that they are all 4/4) and then the arrangement (written in terms of Intro, Verse 1, Fill 1, V2, F2, Ending, the Break and then the shift to the repeating Verse 1 pattern and the bars on which they begin).  It also gives the kit that it opens the arrangement with but you can change that.  P.118 gives you the length of the patterns. 

Hope this helps.

64Guitars

Is this what you mean?

http://microrecorders.org/community/rhythm-and-drums/where-can-i-get-a-rhythm-pattern-list/0/

There are three different pdf documents in that thread - one by me and two by Olarte.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

97teledlx

Not being a drummer, I want to know what drum piece is hit at what time. Of course, more than one piece can be hit (played at the same time.) Here is a sample of one map:

64Guitars

I haven't seen the pattern definitions in document form. However, you can view them using the BR Rhythm Editor software on your PC. All of the 327 preset patterns are built into the BR Rhythm Editor program and they appear to have the same names as in the Micro BR, so I assume the pattern definitions are the same.

For example, here's preset pattern P004:ROCK1-V2:

(Click to Enlarge)

You could go through all of the preset patterns in the BR Rhythm Editor and enter the definition for each pattern in a spreadsheet.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

97teledlx

64Guitars,  Thank you for the info on the program BR Rhythm editor.  That is exaclty what I am looking for. Wasn't sure this would work with the BR since Boss states "For Product(s): BR-900CD Version 2 / BR-900CD / BR-600"  I do not care that it will READ ONLY. You are the Man!!  Thanks again, Mark