I am in someone else's autobiography and it's weird.........!

Started by Ferryman, March 19, 2012, 04:25:28 PM

Rata-tat-tat

I've only heard things that were said about me... You know the usual trash talk. Never had anyone with a big enough set of balls to put it in writing though. That must be a trip to reflect back on those instances and view it from a different perspective. Hopefully it didn't cause any bad blood to rehash itself.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ferryman

Interesting comments guys, Chip that's very cool that you know Mr Cope and agan it must be odd to have someone you know become a "celeb", especially if it wasn't that obvious they were going to become a "star". I was at school with Neil Carter, who played in Wild Horses, UFO and also cowrote some of Gary More's hits. But it was clear even at that early age he could well go on to success, he played in a band and clearly had that "something".

The weird thing about the book is that one of the guys kept a diary so a lo of what we did is recorded in fairly minute detail. I had forgotten most of it, so it was quite fun re living all those days.

Burtog, the band was originally caled The Decoys and then became The Exclusives. You can see a bit about them here:

http://www.punkbrighton.co.uk/exclus.html

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 26, 2012, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Tony W on March 20, 2012, 09:56:33 AMMy current band members can barely read, and way too lazy to write.... I'm good.

I thought your douche rocket sound guy could read???
He's a text to speech type....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Very interesting and really cool Nigel. I can't say I've had the same honour :) I am however mentioned in "Skiens Rocke Historie 1957-1997".

here's the picture from the paragraph about "LiFF"

BTW, I've seen Neil Carter in concert (w/ Gary Moore) and almost lost my hearing ;D But he did inspire me to play keys and guitar at the same time on a couple of tune when I was in my old band "LiFF"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 03, 2012, 02:05:18 PMizzat you in the white t shirt and specs? ;D ;D ;D
no... That's my brother ...  I'm the one with the facial hair ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

yoiks! would never have guessed but now you say it....
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Quote from: Geir on April 03, 2012, 04:49:16 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 03, 2012, 02:05:18 PMizzat you in the white t shirt and specs? ;D ;D ;D
no... That's my brother ...  I'm the one with the facial hair ;D

Thought I'd seen you somewhere before..... ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy