Main Menu

Uh-Haa

Started by bruno, March 04, 2012, 05:20:28 AM

bruno

Track 85 - Uh-haa
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Testing the new mike out - one acoustic backing, 1 acoustic playing the lead, 1 bass and drum loop!
It picks up my breathing when recording - its quite sensitive - any ideas how you can limit this, it makes me sound like a heavy smoker (which I'm not!).

NB a few playing mistakes - but my excuse is that this is more a mike test than a song, so I was making it up as I was going alone!

*Rolls in a 1:50 with a load of blank time at the end - 2 minutes is the new 3 minutes I tell ya! ***

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

WOW (I know I've said that quite often lately, but ..) WOW !!

Excellent performance ! Love the bassgrove and that is some serioulsy good guitarwork ...

and the breathing ... oh well ...  doesn't bother me, but I guess the only way to minimize it with a sensitive mic is to keep the mic as close to the guitar as possible, maybe a bit below it to maximize the distance to your mouth.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Geir - thanks man.
Yeah - its one sensitive mike. I think I'll try not breathing when recording :-)

To date I have been using the Behringer B2 condenser - which is a great mike. However was never 100% sure that it captured the full sound of my acoustic guitar. Also recently did some recording of the acoustic with a friend's Rode, and you could tell - so took the plunge. I went to the shop thinking Rode - but came back with the SE2200T.

I think it will work real well on my daughters vox - so will have to do some more recording!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Facemask93

Very nice indeed Bruno , you certainly can play that gee tar , i bought a Rode last year , lovely mics for the money , nearly added an SE2200T to my collection , it sounds good , certainly is sensitive

Rob
PS , went right through my school days through my mid twenties with the nickname Bruno , ace name

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Pine

Diggin' this Bruno...fine jam!

Your bass playing is great and it holds down a cool groove along with the R guitar..

..which allows your leads to wander off down the street..sometimes even around a corner briefly..before coming home

I didn't even hear the breathing..lol..to focused on the tune. The mic sounds excellent to me...

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Rata-tat-tat

Bruno... love that bassline. Meaty... beafy... big and bouncy!!! Love it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

bruno

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 05, 2012, 11:47:02 AMBruno... love that bassline. Meaty... beafy... big and bouncy!!! Love it!!!
Haha - I must confess to having a little dance whilst recording the bass :-), couldn't help it, its a really fun and bouncy irresistible beat (it a drum loop - I always prefer playing with a real person though) 

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tony W

Wow, I was reading the condensor mic thread and decided to poke my head in for a listen. Amazing quality on that mic, but damn the playing is utterly superb.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

AHA! I heard one of the breaths. *CHEER* I think it added a nice bit of ambiance to it, honestly. And I'd have never heard it had  you not said something.  I really dug the playing and the tone.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London