do you remember (sober rewrite) by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 27, 2012, 12:49:12 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Hey ORH... this is a great track. Are those real drums??? Love the atmosphere... great tune all around!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Redler

Drunk or sober...the tune is awesome! I love the atmosphere, too!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAre those real drums???
the drums are preset patterns on my juno di. they are set up not unlike the micro br, but with not nearly as many rhytms to choose from. but they are lot easier to use on the fly. for each rhythm type, there are six patterns that can be used, and there are quite a lot of different kits that can be assigned, i used one of the pop rhythms on this one then switched it to an ambient jazz kit.

once i have chosen the rhythm type and kit i want to use. i have six buttons on the keyboard i can use to select the rhythm that is playing so i can build up a pattern to suit the song i am working on quite quickly, just wish i had more patterns to choose from.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Well done ORH. I listened to both versions, sober and then drunk (you not me, lol!). The sober version is much smoother on the production end, lyrically better, and the drums have a good hefty sound. But there's something about the delivery and phrasing of the drunken vocals that is appealing to me but overall the sober version is the keeper. BTW I've done the same...recorded under the influence only to listen back the next day and quickly hit the erase button.

I'm a relatively new comer to the site so I have no idea how the old days were but I certainly enjoy this place. I try my best not to participate in a negative fashion or take up too much space but growth can certainly bring problems with it.

Well done ORH...drunk and sober!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

it's still a great place farrell, tho back in the day it was easier to keep up with all the posts, it's virtually impossible to listen to everything now. site was a lot  quieter then but it is still as much fun.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Right on, Jim - Great tune!! You've been coming up with some cool shit lately!

Ah, yes, the good old days!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman_1957

Nice one Jim, I love the chill out feel here and the  phrasing of the vocals. Production is lush and rich, a lovely fluffy cushion for your vox. That Juno was a good purchase, it's unleashede a lot of creativity in you.

The good old days? Things always change, I just try to go with the flow. I'm really glad the site is so vibrant now, although I can't keep up like I used to. I know I've missed quite a lot of your work.

Cheers,

Nigel