Expectations Take 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First song posted
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Well done, Carpy. Great first post. I think it could use some vocals or something to provide a catchy melody but the music is very good. The drums sound like an acoustic kit. Did you play them yourself? If so, you did a good job and it's great to hear a truly DIY recording (ie; no drum machines, loops, etc).

How did you record this? Do you have a Boss multitrack recorder or some similar brand? Or did you use a software DAW? If so, which one?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tony W

I can't decide what I like best about this. The Drums are killer. The bass is on fire. That guitar work is off the damn hook. I knew within the first 4 seconds I'd love this piece of music. Great production.

Wicked outro too!

Welcome to the forum, great post, and looking forward to many more!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Welcome Carpy , this is a great first post man , are you recording with a BR or the like , or are you using computer based software , there is some very nice guitar work going on , how did you arrange the drums , it all sounds really good ,and i hope you enjoy the site

Robbie Burns

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Carpy

Thanks all for the positive feedback.  Means a lot.

Used a Boss Micro BR for recording.  Yamaha Multi DTX (I think that is the model) for drums.  12-pad electronic drums.  Played them myself...that was quite the experience....lots of takes.

I agree needs some vocals and a little solo in the middle section.  It's still a work in progress, but I just wanted to get it out there.  For the solo I have ideas, but I got nothing vocals at the moment.  Waiting for it to come to me.

I love the site.  I have been on here for over year listening a lot.  Really inspiring stuff. 
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Carpy on February 27, 2012, 12:18:21 PMUsed a Boss Micro BR for recording.

I've added the Micro BR icon to your signature.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

andy casson

nice first post! Really enjoyed this, have to agree some vox would lift it, but really impressed you played the drums machine by hand - superb! Great intro and outro as well

excellent
andy

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw. great first post, loving those drums.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Stunning job! A great first post! Excellent work on drums, too, well played!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

WOW !!! Welcome Carpy, what a great first post !!

Great guitarwork and the drums are excellent ! Really a fine composition, and I'm too looking forward to hearing this with vocals !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........