Main Menu

Next Time

Started by Nelson, February 26, 2012, 02:31:38 AM

maxit

woooo-ya-hua!!!!! I had to make a new shout for this one ;-) this is a very fine song, friend. your voice warm and expressive as usual but the melody and breathe of the song catching and surronding in a special way. Good good good !  ps what was the 'old song' ? ;-)
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

The lyrics are absolutely fantastic Nelson. There's some really brilliant content here. The main vocal at some points sounds strained, yet at others very solid. It seems a bit higher in pitch than your usual delivery. Did you patch the vocal together from different takes?

The music is fantastic, especially the piano. Man I love your work, and your work ethic!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Hey thanks guys.

The musicianship on this site keeps me pushing forward.
In a moment of extreme dellusion, I decided that I wanted a piano song... to force me to work on my playing.

Tony
The vocals were one take that I copied and Eq'd differently.
What you heard was some laziness. First I didn't focus on my breathing and for some reason, that I can't remember,  I was holding the last words of some phrases until I just about ran out of air. Not sure what the experiment was.
Some of the strain was me easing out of my vocal range a bit. Should be a bit better 2nd go round.

I'll get it together... Next Time...

Oops
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

Sweeeeet!!! Your songwriting is always light years above par, bro!!

I'm blown away as usual - You got the goods!!!

Superb, catchy, awesome tune!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

andy casson

excellent... I am blown away by your vocal! Fantastic! I get the Randy Neuman vibe and it works brilliantly - bravo

andy

SE

This is teriffic song, just so listenable, great lyrics too, great stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

gaun yersel nelson .............................loving this. before the vox came in the music reminded me of one of my favourite glaswegian bands, but then that instantly recognisable voice hit me between the eyes. magic. you are the voice man.

love the contrast of the uplifting bright and happy go lucky music with the almost pleading melancholy of the vocals and lyrics.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

What a song Nelson, you never cease to amaze with the quality of your songwriting and performances.

Love those jazzy swinging drums and piano which really bounce the song along, and there are some cracking other musical additions along the way which are sparse and subtle but add so much.

The vocal, and in particular harmonies are something which you always nail, and that voice is just so unique and so damn good.

I think the term "Blown Away" said by others here sums it up nicely!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Always exciting to see a new post from you nelson and hit that play button....

No disappointment on this one. The song is excellent...the arrangement works fine and the lyrics i just loved.

All this songs needs is a little more consistency in the vocal delivery...which you identified in your post. you have a vocal tone that no matter what you do tho it will always sound good!

i also didn't think the left channel stuff at 3:20 (and around 4:07?) added enough to justify it. Maybe it was just the hard left pan that pulled my attention away from the the rest where i wanted to stay.

This song is definitely a keeper for the album and will be one of the best when she's ironed a bit. I love your style man...you just let it flow...

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Rata-tat-tat

I'm so glad I hit this one before I went to bed.... Now I know what I'm gonna play first thing in the AM to get my day rollin!!!

MISTER NELSON RULES!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02