Main Menu

Welcome

Started by Sands, January 29, 2008, 04:23:45 PM

Sands

Hey everybody. I'm new here so this is my introduction. I just got the Micro BR and it's an amazing device. I'm going to be posting music on here soon but I was wondering if anybody here can tell me how to get a good metal tone. Check out http://youtube.com/watch?v=XDSTn4qYVPI for a perfect example. It's metal but there's no fuzz. If you haven't heard Bullet For My Valentine before you should check out their album "The Poison". It's AMAZING. So if anybody could help me with that I'd greatly appreciate it. So that's my little introduction here to the Micro BR community. All the best! ~Sands
Say something wise and your name will go down in history forever ~Unknown

Pedro

Welcome to the forum Sands!

I've been hearing Bullet For My Valentine through the link you've posted and I think it is not hard to come up with a sound like that.

What is your guitar?

Sands

I have a silver PRS Tremonti SE which can be seen at http://www.onstage.metallus.it/FotoProdotto/749.jpg if that helps any. Also if this makes any difference I have a Zoom Fire-15 amp but I'm pretty sure that makes no difference. Anyway thanks for any help you can give me! I'm just trying to find a way to get a clean sound with a metal tone that sounds good when uploaded to the computer.

Pedro

QuoteI have a Zoom Fire-15 amp but I'm pretty sure that makes no difference

I have played on that amp as well.

Have you tried the preset 03:MetalCore? On my guitar it sounds almost like Bullet for Valentine. You can turn off the delay by pressing EDT and then right cursor (>), then DLY and - to turn it off. You can also tweak the chorus at the FX parameter and the AMP settings to make it less fuzzy (by reducing the preamp volume).

Sands

Thanks. I've tried that and it sounds pretty close. I haven't uploaded it to the computer yet. I'm guessing it'll sound good on the computer as well. Any ideas on how to get complex drum beats like theirs as well? I can't find anything in the right beat on the BR. I like the BR recording features but for the type of drums I like, is there some kind of computer drum kit studio or something?

Pedro

You could also plug your headphone output to the PC Speakers, this way you always know if it sounds right on the PC and you can tweak the Effects Patches realtime.

Sands

Really? What cord would I need for that?

Pedro

Instead of just plugin the speakers to your PC soundcard, plug it to the Micro BR's phones output. You don't need another cable.