Main Menu

Wagons West

Started by Pine, February 21, 2012, 05:38:24 AM

Pine

WAGONS WEST
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have long been a bluegrass fan. This is my first serious attempt to flatpick over my rhythm track.

My friend James stopped by and added the harp and my friend kevin did the mando break.

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Boss BR-1200

Farrell Jackson

Great flat picking Pine! It all works for me...the harmonica, the mando, and the chuckle at the end. It sounds like you were all sitting on the front porch just pickin' and a grinnin'. Excellent realism...because it is!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Brilliant, Brilliant. Loved it - real, rooty and foot-tappingly great. Well done.
I'm on the porch also - pass the Moonshine :-)
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

great stuff pinedog the melody does remind me of a song sung on the football terraces in glasgow by the fans of a team who are currently in administration.

just for reference i am a bankies fan but the tune goes

there's no a team like the glasgow ............................
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I listened to this on my phone this morning and was completely transported to the 1837 train to Oregon! This is so right in in every way, I really dig it, you should be very proud of this!
Train on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pine

Thanks guys...much appreciated. Wish i could flatpick better but ya gotta start somewhere!

Hook...you got the exact imagery i was aiming for...music for the trail... yesteryear...the spirit of adventure and venturing full of optimism into the great unknown of the then wild west...

Pine  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Gnasty

Oh yeah that`s great picking Pine. Crisp and clear recording. And your friend`s additions make it work good.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SwanSong

JUST LOVIN THIS GREAT SONG.. GREAT PICKING.!!!!

Nelson

Man, a true jack of all trades.

The harp and mandolin added just the perfect touch.

It's always a treat to hear one of your arrangements.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600