Main Menu

Slicer mayhem

Started by bruno, February 20, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

bruno

TRACK 55 - Slicer synth mayhem 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Okay - fun with the Boss SL Slicer pedal - midi synched to the recorder and drum loop - playing the synth through a slicer - you know it makes sense :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ferryman_1957

Found this one too, like the effect a lot. You got that Slicer doing some very nice stuff, a really good electronica groove.

Cheers,

Nigel

Geir

Another bump.

And another funky piece !  Great job Bruno. I really enjoyed this one !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Nice one Bruno...on the droid immediately... Many listens to go...Well done.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Bluesberry

Yeah, I love it.  I have one of these pedals but have yet had any time to play with it properly.  I got mine at christmas.  It really spruces up a synth nicely, expecially a digital one I find.  I can't wait till I have some tiem to play with mine.  This sounds really wickedly good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mojo1961

I was looking at some youtube vids on that SL-20 pedal a while back. I couldn't find any that really sounded at all decent. Then I heard this. Now I hear what this is capable of!!! Especially with a synth, what a great funky groove. GAS ahhhhhhhh.

recorder
Boss BR-600

andy casson

Blimey I love this Bruno, I am not known for my love of funk but I am blown away by how good this sounds! Can't believe only 5 comments either! Wonderful stuff

excellent playing!
andy

Hilary

Oh Mr B you've got your groove going oooooooooon! Really liked the backbeat that comes in after the drums - another great listen Bruno.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Facemask93

Another great listen on cans , nice one matey

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

bruno

Thanks for the comments all and the bump. Haven't played with the slicer in a while - (this is quite an old post) - will have to have another play with it!

This was my original Youtube effort as a demo of the device - it was the first one that I ever did with the aim to demonstrate the pedal in context. Haven't looked for a while so quite surprised to see hit at almost 800 views. Quite cool - hope people found it useful. I did it cos I was getting bored of the typical review of people un-boxing and then turning knobs - I think its useful to hear it used in context of a song. I find that tells you more about what a pedal can do than anything. Particularly with the slicer which is quite difficult to get your head around (like what is it! :-) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHuhHfk9XE

Actually this is quite interesting - as there are no synths on this - just guitar!

recorder
Boss BR-1600