GTR+MIC recording

Started by DAFAC, January 16, 2009, 07:34:17 PM

Is it possible to put the signal from the guitar to track 1 and the signal from the mic to track 2? Everytime I have tried this, it either goes to one track or once on the 2 tracks

Thanks for any help

64Guitars

On a BR-600, BR-900CD, etc. --- Yes.
On a Micro BR --- No.

Quoting page 39 of the Micro BR manual:

If you simultaneously press [tr1] (GTR)
and [tr2] (MIC), the sound from GUITAR
IN and the sound from the onboard mic
will be mixed in monaural. You can record
this sound as well.
However, you won't be able to record the
input from GUITAR IN and the input from
the onboard mic on separate tracks.

With the Micro BR, I'd suggest that you record your guitar first, then record your vocals on another track while monitoring the guitar track.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 16, 2009, 08:30:04 PMOn a BR-600, BR-900CD, etc. --- Yes.
On a Micro BR --- No.

this sound as well.
However, you won't be able to record the

With the Micro BR, I'd suggest that you record your guitar first, then record your vocals on another track while monitoring the guitar track.

Okay, thanks for that. I was just wondering if it was possible to record a live song, yet be able to mix it like a properly recorded song.

Thanks

Greeny

Quote from: DAFAC on January 17, 2009, 01:28:43 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on January 16, 2009, 08:30:04 PMOn a BR-600, BR-900CD, etc. --- Yes.
On a Micro BR --- No.

this sound as well.
However, you won’t be able to record the

Okay, thanks for that. I was just wondering if it was possible to record a live song, yet be able to mix it like a properly recorded song.

Thanks

Yes, you can. Anything that goes in to the BR - no matter what the input source - can be mixed, mastered and tinkered with. As far as I know!

If you record the live audio via the 'line in' (e.g. via a mixing desk) in stereo, you can then master and play around with panning / reverb etc as normal. I did that, and it sounded pretty good. You could overdub too if you wanted, but that's just cheating!  :)