Weird, funky thing.

Started by rythmking24, January 16, 2009, 07:02:29 PM

rythmking24

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I posted this a bit ago, without vocals. It's called 'Never see it comin'. Yup... so here it is with the vocals. Once again, because the file is too big to put on here, I am posting the link to my 'reverbnation' page. Let me know what you think... honestly.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thecobaltband

knniggits

I think you might have something here. This is a good solid track,great when the solo kicks in!
 I've just got my BR and haven't used the built in effects favouring my pod xt so i'm not sure if you can adjust them but personally i'd reign in the flanger effect on the bass(less is more),as it seemed to drown out the guitar. I'd also add another guitar track to beef it up a bit.
 But this is to my taste and might not be the effect your looking for.

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

holdempok

MAn this is so well produced. Kinda like a hint of Mr. Blato, clash, Dave Mathews, & John Mayer on speed. I love the changes at the end. Vocals are awesome just whats out there today. This sound...is what's in now if you are serious...not most of are here...but get it in gear make it happen.

Mike
Why don't we do it on the road?

rythmking24

Quote from: knniggits on January 19, 2009, 04:46:13 PMI've just got my BR and haven't used the built in effects favouring my pod xt so i'm not sure if you can adjust them but personally i'd reign in the flanger effect on the bass(less is more),as it seemed to drown out the guitar. I'd also add another guitar track to beef it up a bit.

yeah, thanks man, i agree. however, because i layed the bass down first, i sort of wanted that to be the focal point and the guitars to be in the background. although saying that, because of the flanger effect, it doesn't have much clarity. i just got my micro br fairly recently, and i am still messin around with the effects. i do go overboard sometimes  :-[

Quote from: holdempok on January 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PMMAn this is so well produced. Kinda like a hint of Mr. Blato, clash, Dave Mathews, & John Mayer on speed. I love the changes at the end. Vocals are awesome just whats out there today. This sound...is what's in now if you are serious...not most of are here...but get it in gear make it happen.

Mike

thanks a lot mate. a massive boost to my confidence. i have to admit though, i don't really like most of the music that is 'mainstream' today. i am more of a metal head really. this song isn't what i'd usually do. it just started off as a rough bass- line, and then developed from there. i was starting to think it was terrible, and that's why nobody had left a single comment for a while. cheers again though  ;)