Two Problems (Vocals and Volume)

Started by dstar, January 16, 2009, 03:06:44 PM

Hello everyone! I got the micro br for christmas and have it in mind for doing a rough demo. I have two problems, as you could've guessed from the title. Well they are kind of one problem. Anyway, after I record a song, it sounds great on the BR. The volume is fine and usually the quality is quite good. However, when I transfer it to my computer or listen to it in the car, the song is A: Really quite and B: The vocals sound like I'm in a box (well to me, I don't know technical words, the vocals sound flat, not professional, etc) . I've tried different masterings, different rooms, different vocal effects and nothing seems to be working.

Any tips or anything I'm doing wrong?

SteveG

Oldrottenhead

are you mastering using headphones, sometimes they give a false/enhanced impression of how the song sounds, try mastering using a pair of cheap powered pc speakers.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Glenn Mitchell

I agree with ORH on the headphones.
Also do your mix and master at as low a volume as you can stand to enjoy.
Full volume always sounds great at first.
Then after a surprisingly short time you ears get "tired " and you don't hear the full frequency range which skews the mix/master.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Alright, thanks for the tips! I'll try them soon.