"Tears For Everything" a Hook original

Started by Hook, January 30, 2012, 05:43:19 AM

Hook

Teras For Everything
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Yet another tune on this 4 string wonder of an instrument. Wrote this over the last 2 days after watching "Tuesday's With Morrie". A bit sappy I know but it was a pretty good movie and so a song I wrote. This is my baritone uke with GCEA strings so it has the same register as a soprano with the warm tone and playability of the baritone. I also borrowed an electric drum kit so I'm actually playing the drums. It's a Yamaha DTExpress2 and one cymbal pad is a little wonky so very few crash cymbals in this tune. I'm not the best drummer, uke player, bass player or singer so with that said...enjoy!
 4 tracks of baritone uke-2 rythm,2 lead, 1 bass track, 1 vocal track, 1 drum track

Tears For Everything

It seems that I have tears for everything
How can I be sure that I've learned anything?

There's a little bird on my shoulder
            She sings a sweet,  sweet sad song
            Just to remind me of the little time that's left
            To make right all that I've done wrong

It seems that I have a fear of everything
But I've never been one to face my fears

Chorus

It seems that now I can't clear the path that I must take

Chorus

It seems that I have tears for everything
How can I be sure that I've learned anything?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Sublime. Those chord changes are dreamy, and the melody of the vocal is just so damn haunting. Again, I can hear a bit of Elvis Costello in your phrasing and singing-style (not a bad thing!).  Impressive uke soloing too! This is killer.

andy casson

oh so cool, 'sublime' is the word, loved this one Hook.. and more Uke, I get more intrigued every time I hear an SC use them

excellent!
andy

Tony W

Man, I totally dig it. I'll never be able to play my uke like this, because I just stare at it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Fantastic !!

Wonderful wonderful melody, and the performance is stunning !!

Yes, like Greeny,  I get the EC feel again, and that's not a bad thing at all !

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

I listened to this on the "Latest Songs" jukebox, and had no idea this was a uke song.

Beautiful lyrics, playing, recording.

I'm a big fan of songs where the character is looking backward with perspective and maturity. I can't write a song like that, lacking as I am perspective and maturity.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Gnasty

Oh yeah nice on again Hook. Beautiful and melodic!!

You turned those ukes up this time! Yes that`s much better.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Them Ukes are sounding lovely Hook. Sounds as if you've been drumming for a while... very killer track. Love it.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Thanks for the kind words, I've listened to this a few times today and I'm pretty happy with it so your comments are really validating. 
Greeny/Geir- A comparison to Elvis Costello is about the nicest compliment I can imagine so thanks!
Andy- Get a uke, everybody's doin' it!

Quote from: Ted on January 30, 2012, 02:40:10 PMI can't write a song like that, lacking as I am perspective and maturity.
You don't have to have something to write about it!
Quote from: Gnasty on January 30, 2012, 02:53:08 PMYou turned those ukes up this time! 
I got to remix that other one , I hate re-mixing!

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on January 30, 2012, 03:37:37 PMSounds as if you've been drumming for a while...
I was the drummer for my 1st high school band long ago ( I had $300 to by a cheap set) and I can keep a beat w/ some simple fills here and there but I'm half-assed at best. My feet, hands, brain & sense of coordination are what limit me mostly!

Thanks again for listening and commenting I know this place & you other writers are not only inspiring me to write/record more but I believe it's really improving the quality of my songs and recordings and that's cool...thanks!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Burtog

Another classic Hook, love the left and right noodling/solos with the ukes, the Baritone sounds great. The drums come across good too, well played.

Yep I can hear the EC a little again in your voice, wonderful!
recorder
Boss BR-800