having dreams on a rainy day by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 28, 2012, 04:33:57 PM

Oldrottenhead

cheers for that henny, i used the fornylon setting on this one  but not tweaked, thing i found difficult was holding it and where to position myself, so onboard mic captured lots of background noise and bumps and rubs etc.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Outstanding, James. One of your absolute best, and you've taken to that uke like a natural. Such a fragile but brilliant sound, and you've layered and harmonised each part to perfection. There's a lovely folky tinge to proceedings, but it comes over as something unique and wonderful. Get in there.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

Seriously though James, this is stunning. I heard about the Uke and what a delivery you made.

Amazing mate. And to think it was my uke that got your fire started..... :D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd to think it was my uke that got your fire started....
i vaguely recall there being some drunken pics of that meeting lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

You certainly are a musician extroidinaire'..... I think you could make music with a pair of roller skates!
A fun listen, very inventive and entertaining.  This would be an easy one to add parts on to...

Makes me wonder: Is it better to be a songwriter struggling to become a musician, or a musician struggling to become a songwriter? 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

cuthbert

How did I miss this one? I did hear a bit of the beginning of 'Senses Working Overtime', but it's all you, James. It's great!

I know I said this in so many words in another post: you have some spooky uke tones...and I like them! Well, not so much spooky on this one as much as kind of sad or yearning. But not the happy, sunny sound I usually associate with the ukulele, either!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

I find these lyrics to be very moving......one of your top lyrics I say.  You have moved me big time with this song James.  I shall listen to this one whenever I feel the need.  Its stunning.  This one came from a deep place indeed.  I sit stunned everytime I listen.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand