Main Menu

Seminar

Started by Shadow, January 11, 2009, 12:15:06 PM

Greeny

You need to speak to the Boss of.... er.... Boss  :D

Go for it! I admire your tenacity!!!!!!

wooperman

(I get to my thoughts on the seminar toward the end)
  This thing (BR) is awesome. I knew it was cool when I bought it. Right after purchase,  I started to dread the menus, abbreviations, and button presses it would take to get much use out of it. But after a few days I found this forum. Then I implemented some of the tips and tricks. (saving tempo, writing drum parts after recording the main song parts, etc.)
 Now I really think this thing is even more awesome than when I bought it. I actually came to this website because I was going to trade it in for the new Tascam tiny recorder. But no way, not now. Effects, v-tracks, and even my own simple recording's sound quality (the little onboard microphone is superb - with effects, sounds so pro!!)
 The point is, that it's so simple, I don't even see the need for a seminar. Not that it's not a good idea, just seems like it won't happen. But if you sit down, make a silly 1 minute song with 2-3 changes, and promise your self that you will touch every button in the creation of the song, you will master this in 45 minutes. As long as you start a song with zero expectations, you wont care if you make mistakes.
  My first few attempts I tried to make some thing serious and I kept getting frustrated.
 I think I may just be getting  to the point where I dont want the world to know about it...so the magic stay a secret.

Shadow

I finally have made contact with a Boss representative who is interested in this seminar idea and would indeed consider sending a  Boss represetatives if this can be put together. (They do not have anything, from my understanding, seminar or trainingwise this year for the Micro BR for the public).
I have been asked to put together an outline of the seminar proposal an email directly to them. But before I invest a lot of time in this I want to know if there is any real interest in this.  This will take some work and will need some volunteers, planning committees, site determination etc etc.

Walt

tkofaith

I'm not in any financial condition to travel to a seminar, but I think a web seminar could be very doable.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

AlchemyMN

I am interested... however the online videos and tips contained here should get anyone pretty far down the road.

I have done some one-on-one session with individual users - I find that I end up focusing specific things with each client. They generally have read the quick start guide so they know how to connect, record, and master.  Effect tweaking is popular, bouncing, mixdown, drums are also up there... but we also end up discussing arranging, rhythm/tempo, structure, etc. too.

I will likely do a BR for songwriters session at a conference in April near Chicago.  I will post my outline after I get it locked in.

guitarron

Quote from: possibly on January 16, 2009, 07:01:48 PMBut...will there be a free bar?
i'm in-even if i need to travel

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

As we are spread all over the world...In which country are you thinking for a seminar?

Wiley

I think this would help a lot to!  But with out economics and conditions the way they are I couldn't travel to far.  Not much green stuff left after bills.

Shadow

Well, it appears there is not enough interest for me to try and put this together. I get that times are tough and money is tight.
Perhaps we can review this issue again down the road.
Thanks guys.

W

tkofaith

Quote from: Shadow on March 09, 2009, 04:44:12 PMWell, it appears there is not enough interest for me to try and put this together. I get that times are tough and money is tight.
Perhaps we can review this issue again down the road.
Thanks guys.

W

Thanks for your efforts, Shadow!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton