Seminar

Started by Shadow, January 11, 2009, 12:15:06 PM

Shadow

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any thoughts about setting up a seminar and/or workshop for Micro BR users.  I am sure many have already mastered this wonderful machine but there are a lot of us
( I can at least vouch for one :)) that could really benefit from such a session.  I was thinking along the lines of a 2 to 3 day session with experienced users presenting various topics on the operation and the multiple functions of the BR. With Q & A afterward with some workshop experience. (I realize a lot of what you can do on the BR involves individual creativity, but sometimes a thorough understanding of the box allows one to think outside of it). 
I also recognize that it would entail a lot of work to set up but I would be glad to work with whomever to get this up and running.
Once a cost analysis has been established then a fee for the seminar would be set up. If there is sufficient interest then we would need to set up a program of seminars, instructors, locations etc. This forum is great, but hands on instruction would be even more beneficial. I would think that a rep from Boss would want to participate, obviously this is advertisement for them, the opportunity to increase sales, vendors could attend selling accessories. Could have contests, meet and greets (you always learn something new from other users).
Perhaps an alternative would be some form of a streaming online seminar but that is clearly out of my expertise level.
I don't know, just was wondering if this is something feasible. It just seems to me that there is so much knowledge out there that can be pooled and by adding actual hands on workshops our overall knowledge and creativity would increase .

W

Greeny

...or we could just go to the pub and talk 'BR' over a few beers  :D

Seriously though - the BR is a serious piece of kit, and more than deserves that kind of event / focus. And it would be good PR and business for Boss to get that many users in one place...

Shadow

QuoteSeriously though - the BR is a serious piece of kit, and more than deserves that kind of event / focus. And it would be good PR and business for Boss to get that many users in one place...

I could not agree more. I know it would take a lot of work but anything worthwhile takes work. The benefits for this type of workshop would be tremendous. Covering basics to the bizarre.
The potential here is mind boggling. With the wealth of knowledge and diverse skills of the members of this community I know we could pull this off.

W

Sjd

Sounds like a cracking idea  ;D

Count me in  8)

3guitarsEddy

Why not ask Boss to set one up, maybe they'll have the tech know-how as well.

tkofaith

Quote from: 3guitarsEddy on January 16, 2009, 03:04:32 PMWhy not ask Boss to set one up, maybe they'll have the tech know-how as well.

I would HOPE that they have the tech know-how!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

possibly

But...will there be a free bar?

Shadow

QuoteWhy not ask Boss to set one up, maybe they'll have the tech know-how as well.
I have placed a call to Boss everyday for a week to see what they can and/or are willing to do to assist in this endeavour. To date they have not responded. But they don't know me, I never give up.
However, If anyone else has any pull...

W

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: possibly on January 16, 2009, 07:01:48 PMBut...will there be a free bar?

go green. shots via webinar, youtube live??  :o :-X *~BRRP*~~*!!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

whoa... and get.......... virtually wasted? :o
recorder
PreSonus Studio One