Electro Funk (Guitars/ Drums by Rata-tat-tat)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, January 16, 2012, 12:14:30 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: SharksDontSleep on January 16, 2012, 11:35:05 PMLovin' that Kaossilator. Been thinking of getting one myself, not that I'd know what to do with it!
It looks like you slide your fingers over it & hey-presto ... magic sounds. I think there's probably more to it than that  ::)

I really like the mean feel to this song too. I don't use any DAW either. I do everything on a BR-600 ... but it does take me ages!!

Great Tune, could even be called Electro Punk 8)

Had to comment on this one... Yes... this is the basic concept... you use a touch pad and sounds come out depending on where you touch the pad. This is where your "Engineering Ear" comes in... in order to make good beats or sounds... you have to touch the pad in rhythm or slide your finger in rhythm with the metronome... otherwise it ends up sounding like the cat scratching on the sliding glass door to be let in. There are so many sounds it's very easy to get carried away... I tend to get carried away a lot with this thing. The Ikaosilator is a little easier to use IMO, but I like a lot of the sounds on this Kaossilator that the Ikaosilator just doesn't have. I find this Kaosilator is easier to blend soundscapes and other filler sounds on your tracks also. Just my observation... of course this cost quite a bit more, but I use it quite a bit. I like them both and would recommend either one to anyone.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

One day I wann do a Ikaossilator... Kaossilator... live Drum and guitar track.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kenny B

Cool rockin tune Tod!!!  Excellent all by itself ... but there must be some
creative lead guitarists and vocalists dying to do something with this!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Wow, this blew the doors, windows and walls off everything! I'm standing naked in a cornfield right now!

Love the riffage and that pulsating helicopter sound.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

henwrench

Cool! Love it when it gets heavier, great noises going on in there, in a world of it's own, a living, breathing piece of music. Nice one !!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Krasi

I have and used a Kaoss in some of my songs. Lovely thing!
I can almost imagine which number of preset you used there. Great tune you created, in fact I downloaded and think of screaming something on top of it!! ;D

But you really gotta tell me how you recorded these amazing guitars at 1:08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, please...tell me what effect and how exactly did you process this fantastic guitar sound??? It sounds better than studio albums I'm listening to!!!

I will come back with this song when I do the vocals :D

Thanks
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Hey... Krasi... I would love to hear what you do with this... I absolutely love your vox style. As far of as guitars go... I used a preset in the DPO2 (Factory)... double tracked and panned each track one track 45% Lt and the other 45% Rt.... I'll have to dig into the parameters on the factory preset to tell you what all was used so you may try and replicate on the MBR or whatever DAW you are currently using. Thanks for listening and will be looking out for your addition.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Yes, do it Krasi!  I feel the rockitude coming on!!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

Sometimes I play with my Kaossilator Pro, but I haven't reach to this level, though... Sounds fantastic and i'd call it Electro Punk, too! Nice listening!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Krasi

Electro Funk
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello again Captain Kaoss!!! ;D
It's me, added some vox on top of this lovely instrumental as I promised. Hope you like it.
recorder
Boss BR-80