"No birds, no wind" a Geir original

Started by Geir, January 09, 2012, 10:55:12 AM

Krasi

Great song Geir!!!
Pure rock and your vocal excels!!!
I see you also got a br80 and you are getting it to sound perfect.
Can I ask you how your record your vocals with it please?
Im interested what effect patch you are using and whether you do them stereo?
Thanks!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

jimbo MacKellar

A very nice performance. Almost a touch of Glam in places, it reminded me of Roderick Falconer  or Bill Nelson. FAB!
Communication by Jimbotron.
http://soundcloud.com/jimbocurtain

Jim MacKellar

The Media
Whores

Geranium
Lake

Jim MacKellar
& Everywhere

Geir

Quote from: Krasi on January 20, 2012, 10:51:59 AMI see you also got a br80 and you are getting it to sound perfect.
Can I ask you how your record your vocals with it please? Im interested what effect patch you are using and whether you do them stereo?
I've still got a way to go to find best way to record vocals on th 80. It's very different from the original MBR. For one, it's FAR more sensitive. On this one I turned the input sensitivity down to -19dB !! I think I used the "158 TIGHT EQ" patch, I'll check it when I get a chance to restore my backup of the song.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Quote from: Geir on January 26, 2012, 08:35:22 AM
Quote from: Krasi on January 20, 2012, 10:51:59 AMI see you also got a br80 and you are getting it to sound perfect.
Can I ask you how your record your vocals with it please? Im interested what effect patch you are using and whether you do them stereo?
I've still got a way to go to find best way to record vocals on th 80. It's very different from the original MBR. For one, it's FAR more sensitive. On this one I turned the input sensitivity down to -19dB !! I think I used the "158 TIGHT EQ" patch, I'll check it when I get a chance to restore my backup of the song.

cheers

Yes so very true! The mics are more sensitive but i think they`re better. But way different then Mbr.

You did an excellent job with them on this song to me.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Punchy, tight and a superb listen. Some lovely melodic runs in there - catchy as hell! I love the surreal imagery you throw into the lyrics too.

Another Geir masterclass.

stoman

You never disappoint me, Geir!

Regards,
  Steffen

Burtog

Cool. Like the cheeky slide guitar and Uke. Quality.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Bump! A good one Geir that I somehow missed. Great words and vocals. The drums sound good as well as the guitar.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Geir random dozen bump!
You rock my brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

I hear a very heavy Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy comp here...fantastic stuff... the whole song...drums sound good...sound like the Br...
really rocking bass...nice guitar work a dozen...but for me the topper is the vocals.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner