Main Menu

NAMM 2012

Started by 64Guitars, January 05, 2012, 12:38:25 AM

Facemask93

Funnily enough , i went into Guitar Guitar last weekend with the intention of purchasing the HD-1 , its a good price , but as you say Andy , the HD-3 was better value for money , but , that all went wrong when i sat down to try the TD20-KX . and was blown away
Andertons in Guilford were doing it for a Grand less , still made it £4,199 , i wish i had never looked , cause now i want it
http://www.andertons.co.uk/electronic-drum-kits/pid17021/cid642/roland-td20kx-electronic-drum-kit.asp

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

AndyR

:D

I went through all that on the expensive ones a few years ago. I got all excited, and the missus pointed out we had no room to store it, let alone set it up.

She also asked if I thought I could play it well enough to warrant it...

... I reckoned probably not.

So we looked at cheaper options, and they seemed really "cheap" at the time, so I gave up thinking about it.

But I'm just about to start on the bit I hate on a song - programming the drums... and I always find myself thinking how hard can it be to play something reasonable on a bunch of things that you hit like drums?! :D

I'm very aware of how much practice it would take though...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

64Guitars

Anyone looked at the Behringer drum kits? I don't know what the quality's like but the prices are amazing and they seem to have good features. Might be worth checking out. I've also heard that the Alesis kit is pretty good (and less expensive than Roland's).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

T.C. Elliott

I found a used Edrum kit on craigslist, but it's covered in dust and dirt cheap *slaps knee* Some brand I never heard of. So I was gonna buy it anyway cuz it was cheap and then had to fix a car or two and now I'm wondering if I'd ever learn how to play anyway.

All that to say, I'd have to save up, but if someone has a good review of the new, cheaper eKits, I'd be willing to listen. Some day I might get one. And some day I might learn to at least play enough to accompany my own little acoustic stylings. I don't need fancy. Just something to sweeten the deal.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Bluesberry

Quote from: AndyR on April 06, 2012, 09:44:19 AMHearing what BB's achieved with drums though... and now I've got the space... could be in some trouble...
Hahaha, the GAS brothers......If only I had the time to play all my toys.........work is killing me lately.....no time for nuthin.........

But back to the E-drums, yes, Andy, it looks like the HD-3 is worth the extra, the toms feel better and the "brain" is really improved.  As for the kit, HD-1 or HD-3, either way, fantastic little kit, probably the best you can get in the price range.  I was really getting good with mine, but it is there when I get off this work roller-coaster I am on (June is the end of the long hours i hope).  Go for the Roland, you won't be disappointed.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand