NAMM 2012

Started by 64Guitars, January 05, 2012, 12:38:25 AM

hooper

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 27, 2012, 02:00:34 PMI think Boss needs to release a great top-of-range BR to compete with the DP-24 and Zoom R24.

Here, here!  I'm looking forward to that too.  I like what's happened with the BR-800, incorporating the Boss machine and Cakewalk software.  Would love to see a similar approach built off a new  BR-1600 platform.  The item I would add to your list, 64...
*  The ability to edit wav forms in Cakewalk/Sonar while they still reside on the BR.

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

64Guitars

Quote from: hooper on January 29, 2012, 04:56:19 AM*  The ability to edit wav forms in Cakewalk/Sonar while they still reside on the BR.

If they wrote tracks directly to WAV files like Zoom does, then your DAW could access those tracks directly as long as the BR was in backup mode. The BR would appear to your computer as an external drive containing standard WAV files which the DAW can read. Of course, it would be more convenient if you didn't have to switch to backup mode, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Quote from: hooper on January 29, 2012, 04:56:19 AMHere, here!  I'm looking forward to that too.  I like what's happened with the BR-800, incorporating the Boss machine and Cakewalk software.  Would love to see a similar approach built off a new  BR-1600 platform.  The item I would add to your list, 64...
*  The ability to edit wav forms in Cakewalk/Sonar while they still reside on the BR.

Can only agree with that. The BR 800 is excellent, well worth having a bigger version. I would buy one!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

I think i'm most excited about the affordable elctronic drum kits. I can't play a lick, but at that price, I'd be willing to try.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on January 30, 2012, 10:27:30 AMI think i'm most excited about the affordable elctronic drum kits. I can't play a lick, but at that price, I'd be willing to try.
I agree, soon trere's no excuse for not getting a drum-kit ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on January 30, 2012, 02:49:25 PM
Quote from: T.C. Elliott on January 30, 2012, 10:27:30 AMI think i'm most excited about the affordable elctronic drum kits. I can't play a lick, but at that price, I'd be willing to try.
I agree, soon trere's no excuse for not getting a drum-kit ::)
Yes, everybody should have a kit......drumming is good for the soul.......Berhinger make good products in my experience, even if they are the cheapest prices around.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 31, 2012, 05:14:13 AMYes, everybody should have a kit......drumming is good for the soul.......Berhinger make good products in my experience, even if they are the cheapest prices around.

Can only agree with both of those! Enjoying my Performance Pad (real drums in a small space) and Behringer kit I think has an unfair reputation from the gear snobs. Great value for money stuff, ideal for the home muso.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Slight thread resurrection here. I'm currently GAS-ing for Roland's HD-3 kit...

I ended up in this thread after searching for HD-1, I seemed to recall someone on here's got one (Hi BB!).

This is all because this morning I got a marketing email from Digital Village, telling me the HD-1 was on clearance at a low price. I nearly just ordered it without thinking. But I did a bit of research and found the replacement HD-3 was an upgrade enough to warrant the extra couple of hundred on the HD-1 clearance price.

When I got here I watched the vids above, and prefer the Roland (I've also tinkered with various Roland V kits in the past and like the feel). I made the missus watch the Roland vid... funds are cleared "in principle" :D. Now I know I'm not rushing to get a "limited stock" price on clearance I'm not in a great hurry though.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on April 06, 2012, 03:11:35 AM.......I ended up in this thread after searching for HD-1, I seemed to recall someone on here's got one (Hi BB!).
... oh you know you asked for this  :D :

I hearby declare you two the GAS brothers !!![/b]

::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

:D

I think he's been worse than me recently. What with the house-buying and now all the decorating and tool buying, I've been pretty good. I suppose I bought two mic-stands the other day (and, er, two SM57s to go with them), but that was part of decorating the studio! And I only bought one keyboard stand (made do by sawing 3" off the feet of the other one) and 8 guitar hangers...

But actual music-making kit, I haven't bought a guitar or anything for at least... um... six to eight months!! :D

Hearing what BB's achieved with drums though... and now I've got the space... could be in some trouble...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1