Audacity capabilities

Started by Speed Demon, December 20, 2011, 10:21:16 PM

Speed Demon

Can anyone tell me if Audacity is capable of using VST plugins?

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

maxit

as an audacity user, I find it amazing good for recording and cut-paste editing, but not as a mixer even if it has a basic support for VST effects (don't have a real time consolle). If you're looking for a free (limit to 4 tracks at a time) and very good tool to add VST effects (and instruments to midi tracks) and mix it all you could try MULAB. Let me know!

http://www.mutools.com/mulab-intro-movie.html
recorder
Audacity

Speed Demon

Maxit, 64,000 Guitars, thank you for the information on Audacity. I shall acquire a copy and give it a test drive.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

phantasm777

even if you cant hear real time effects on audacity, still you can have many tracks and thats better than 4. i've gotten past 32 tracks on a song of mine on audacity, and often go into 20 tracks in many of my songs, so obviously i need many track capability. as much as i prefer real time effects and not adding the to an instrument after its recorded, i will take that over being limited as to how many tracks i can make in one song. for me, its a fair trade off. im still new at mixing and audacity, but, seems to me it could be a good mixer once i know more of what the hell im doing with it. :)