Just Got It!

Started by tkofaith, January 07, 2009, 09:10:30 AM

tkofaith

;D My Micro Brew just arrived!  I fired it up and listened to the demo song.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to work with it until tonight after band practice.  :(

I have one quick question.  I initialized a new sd card (I'm assuming it took because I didn't get any errors ;)).  Is there a way to check the available memory from the BR?

Thanks,

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Greeny

It's a good question - but as far as I know, there's no way to check how much space you've used or have got left on a card. I wish there was though!

Unless someone else knows better (64guitars?!).

Hope you have fun with your new toy!!!!  :)

tkofaith

Thanks Greeny!

I suppose I will know for sure that my card works tonight when I get a chance to play!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

64Guitars

Interesting. The BR-600, 900, etc. show the remaining memory in the Song Information screen. But it looks like the Micro BR only shows the remaining time (see page 52 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition). Of course, the remaining time depends on the data type you choose for each song, so this seems like a bad design choice to me - remaining memory would have made more sense.

If you connect your Micro BR to your computer via USB, you can right-click on the MICRO_BR drive and select Properties to see the remaining memory on the card.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

tkofaith

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 07, 2009, 10:32:47 AMInteresting. The BR-600, 900, etc. show the remaining memory in the Song Information screen. But it looks like the Micro BR only shows the remaining time (see page 52 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition). Of course, the remaining time depends on the data type you choose for each song, so this seems like a bad design choice to me - remaining memory would have made more sense.

If you connect your Micro BR to your computer via USB, you can right-click on the MICRO_BR drive and select Properties to see the remaining memory on the card.

Thanks a bunch.  I have to look and see whether I have an appropriate USB cable.  I would have thought that would have come with the unit!  ::)
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Oldrottenhead

you can press something that shows time available for recording , cant remember how to but 64guitars will know im sure. the only problem is you then cant seewhat time the track is running at.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tkofaith

Thank you, my friend! It's lunch time here, so I've settled down with a good....er....book (the manual)!  I'll figure this thing out in record time...I hope!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

hewhoiscalledj

Working from memory here since I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure you press: Utility > Song > Info

But you first have to make sure that you've pressed: Utility > scroll to the right and then ensure that Show Remaining Time (or something close) is set to ON.

I agree its not the perfect solution in terms of finding how much space is left, but I find it easier to understand than how many megabytes are left. I never ever record using ecoonomy anyway... Always HI-FI.

Glenn Mitchell

I gave up looking at the space once I saw that a gig of space is huge.
I have about 45 MP3's and maybe 10 songs in process and there's still a quarter of the space left.
The best I've seen is once you connect to the USB, your windows program should give you a pie chart of the hard drive.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

tkofaith

Thanks!  I looked through my misc. USB cables last night and found one that fit.  Hooked 'er up and found out what I needed to know.  Thanks to all for the input!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton