Six Strings - Farrell original

Started by Farrell Jackson, December 14, 2011, 08:36:01 AM

stone1745

Great track mate very cool lyrics excellent.

Ferryman_1957

Can only echo the other comments here, this is huge. A wonderful composition, a really good lyrical idea and it works really well. As always, excellent production and a really nice balance between the instruments. I love the contrast between the quieter, acoustic parts and the rockier sections. Excellent guitar work all round, I particularly like the acoustic soloing in the last part of the song. The vocals are wonderful, some nice harmonies and very well performed and recorded. A stunner - it's up there with "Round and Round" for me!

Acoustic prog indeed! I like, and would like some more!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

Farrell Jackson

I thank you kindly Tod, Pine, Paul, Speed demon, stone1745, and Nigel for taking the time to listen and to comment on my song, Six Strings! This was the most difficult song to date that I've mixed/mastering. Not only does it have several tracks to contend with but preserving the dynamic ups and downs while increasing the songs' volume was a major challenge. Thanks for noticing the results!

Farrell

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Facemask93

What a great intro , so important to get the listener interested early , & you did it straight off , man , you are one talented guy , your songs are nothing less than excellent , great songwriting , singing & playing , my hat is off to you sir , top listen

Robbie Burns

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

launched

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on December 16, 2011, 06:40:59 PMAbsolutely love how this thing builds and then the harp kicks in with that rockin swagger.

I was just going to say that, and I saw Tod's comment ;D

Great stuff, Ferrell - Well done!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

I missed this one the first time around. Wow.

Great production, great playing, great vocals (especially the bg vocals), and simply a great song. I enjoyed the Hell out of this.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Blooby on December 14, 2013, 01:31:06 PMI missed this one the first time around. Wow.
Great production, great playing, great vocals (especially the bg vocals), and simply a great song. I enjoyed the Hell out of this.
Blooby

Thanks Blooby! Man it seems like an eternity since I recorded or even thought about this song. A lot has transpired in the world since then but one thing has remained constant....I'm still using the same recording equipment..."if it ain't broke don't fix it"  lol.

Thanks again!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

Fab song Farrell another for the pie pod ......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jarle

I'm glad this was bumped, so we, relatively new to this site, could experience this fabulous song.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

i'm glad this got bumped too. absolutely epic. bravo that man.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann