Six Strings - Farrell original

Started by Farrell Jackson, December 14, 2011, 08:36:01 AM

Farrell Jackson

six-strings-audio-file 160k
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It starts with an Takamine EF341 acoustic guitar and vox and transitions into a full band sound then eases out with the acoustic. I think it falls into the Acoustic Prog. genre.
"Six Strings"

1. Six strings on a neck, compressed by the touch Bidding the desire, of the players soft pluck Individually strung, collectively strummed To capture the mood, of the wooded doldrums Just strings on a neck............... Just strings on a neck...............

2. Six strings on a neck, in metronome time Mimics the sound, of wind blown chimes Dancing to the wind, in fades of dissipation Putting reason to the season, with unbounded creation Just strings on a neck............ Just strings on a neck............

3. The sweet sound, released to compete With the complexities of life, and the hum of the street Just six strings, suspended in air Finds the journey's way, so crystally clear. But onward they go, filling our souls, with melodies untold Six strings.............. Six strings..............

4. So on they go, in a tumbled role Out of control, and the answers unfold...... with questions

5. I can't say what I should be feeling Seems like Someone's surely stealing Look at Mother Nature's Laws We're held so tightly in Her claws Sometimes choices can be wrong But all songs must pass along..... in time With six strings........... With just six strings........... With just six strings...........

Farrell Jackson (©08/25/04)
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

Nice sound Farrell, well played and recorded, .....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Very cool lyrics, and a fab song!! Love the folk-proggy feel of this one Farrel. The recording is (as we've been used to with you) excellent.

Some really great lead-work in there as well, both electric and acoustic !!!

Love it !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SwanSong

HI Farrell. great song again .. this has a little bit
of everything in it. great feel ...one day ur music
will b discovered mark my words. Cheers Neil .!

SE

Great progy/ folk feel, your vox fit so well, ahh just got to the rocky bit, the bass is cool too and this is a really excellent solo, really impressed, top stuff!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

Thanks Alex, Geir, Neil, and side effect for listening and commenting on Six Strings!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Rata-tat-tat

Hey FJ... this is a helluva track. Love the guitar sounds... very full/ clear. Everything blends so well as all of your tracks do. Absolutely love how this thing builds and then the harp kicks in with that rockin swagger. Way to go bro.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Pine

WoW! This is one BIG piece of work! Must have taken ages. I've lost track of your musical travels in the last few months and i can see you have been doing some wandering! This isn't like anything i've ever heard from you. Great new ground. Creative from beginning to end. Loved the great vox as always. The harp sounded good and the leads were excellent, includig the great acoustic outro. Loved all the stops in the rock parts and the guitar doubling. All in all this is quite a sonic adventure..full of twists and turns and cool effects, Great job on a big project Farrell!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

chapperz66

Another marvelous piece Farrel.  Reminded me a bit of the early Doobies - which is no bad thing in my view.

Brilliant.

Paul Chapman

Speed Demon

Another masterpiece. Such a soothing listen. I will play this one many many times.

Well done!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.