Future Tense

Started by Bluesberry, November 30, 2011, 06:32:03 PM

Bluesberry

Future Tense
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well, I finally got a song finished...... its been a struggle lately to get anything recorded......I was just trying to get something recorded....to get myself back into it a bit.  I was playing with my drums and recorded them first, then kept adding, one thing at a time, kind of like live looping idea, just getting it done as fast as possible.  Now then, I'm on a roll, lets get back to that collab I am sitting on...................

Future Tense
Drums/percussion played on Roland HD-1
Tele, bass, keys

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

I'd Kill to Solo Like that........
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

Nice one BB. That solo was awesome.

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 30, 2011, 06:32:03 PMlets get back to that collab I am sitting on...................

I didn't know Charlie was half collie. Poor little puppy. Couldn't you sit on a chair instead?  ;)  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Quote from: Davidsen on November 30, 2011, 11:07:12 PMHoly smokes!!! I dont think i've ever heard a song like that one!
Haha, thanks Sen-David.  I am not sure what to think about it either, except that I got something recorded.  I was just going with the flow with this one, pushing my BR-80 a bit to see how it was to do up a more complex kind of song. I used up all 64 vtracks by the time I was done, thats when I decided I was done, no more vtracks to use.  An experiment in having no plan, going with whatever came, trying for a first take approach....all that kind of thing.  

The BR-80 is not too bad to work with.  I like the portability and the 8 tracks to play with, that is the best part for me.  I need at least 8 tracks I find or I get all bunched up in bouncing.  The way I like to work I bounce all drums/percussion to a stereo pair; all rhythm stuff, guitar/keys, etc down to a stereo pair; all vocals down to a stereo pair, and that leaves me one mono track for bass and one for guitar solo stuff.  Thats 8 tracks, then I can mix tweek these/mix them before final mastering.  Thats usually how I like to do it.  So the ability to have 8 tracks available is just the right number for me in a machine that is so small and portable.  I need the portability because I am getting stuff spread all over my house.  E-Drums up in the attic, I like to do the vocals up there too, less noise/crowds to deal with.  And then my monitors and keyboards and guitars are in the music room (spare bedroom).  And I need to be able to take it downstairs to keep an eye on the young dog when nobody else is around (he is quite the chewer still).  So without the portability of the BR-80 or microBR I wouldn't get anything done these days.  So an 8 track recorder in such a small package is exactly what I need right now.  Its not perfect, there are some things I would like to see different......as we have been discussing in the BR-80 threads.  But for my money, and time, and recording needs.......the BR-80 is working for me.  

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

I love this brother! There's so much going on and it flows from atmosphere to progression so well ( love that chorus) and you're solo rock's out of nowhere, Love it! Sound's like a mixing nightmare but I'm glad you did it!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Tony W

Dave the madman came to the party. It's awesome to get a peek into your mind when it's cooking up something. The percussion is wild, loose, and tight all at the same time. You're putting that E-kit to good use. What a great listen!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Dave glad to see you found a piece of time to record. Love the percussion and the solo was to die for. Top notch........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Love it - This was sent into the future, then pulled into the past, lost particles along the way and then transported to the present! Then you replaced lost particles with current awesomeness.

Loved that solo! The BR-80 has now been licked!

Oh, yeah:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Burtog

Nice............This could be the missing track from 'Smile', very Brian Wilson in parts I thought.

Drums and the solo definately stand out.....................it's very original!

;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Thanks for the listen/comments.  I like the Dave the madman image.  It was a little like that trying to mix it all down into something coherent....thank god for Irish red ale.........

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand