Distant Eyes - Farrell original

Started by Farrell Jackson, November 29, 2011, 11:25:19 AM

SteveB

Well, FJ, I doff my cap to you once again. This is a peach of a production, with great panned guitars and harmonies. A great upload.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Great rocker Farrell, love the vocals, the guitars, the song. Ok, I love it all. Great posting.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

This is really a great tune, as a fan of yours, this is one of my favorites. You're a great songwriter, your production is always enviable, and your harmonies are always clean, crisp and tight. With that said there is something about this recording in particular that's really quite strong. i wonder if it's the one sitting aspect that kept you in tune (metaphorically) with the song. Regardless I always love your posts and this one rocks!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Hook on December 05, 2011, 09:32:19 AMThis is really a great tune, as a fan of yours, this is one of my favorites. You're a great songwriter, your production is always enviable, and your harmonies are always clean, crisp and tight. With that said there is something about this recording in particular that's really quite strong. i wonder if it's the one sitting aspect that kept you in tune (metaphorically) with the song. Regardless I always love your posts and this one rocks!
Rock on!

Wow! Thanks for the good comments Davidsen, Rob, Launched, Neil, Gritter, T.C. Elliott, ORH, Speed Demon, Tony, Geoff, Steve, Willie, and Hook. Comments like these make it all worthwhile!

Hook - I think staying in the zone (one sitting) with the writing, recording, and production of Distant Eyes was a big contributor to the final out come. I do feel that sometimes when we have to come back to a song, even a day later, the initial excitement and energy can get lost. When that happens, it can be heard in the song.

Thanks all!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

pjd1

Like it !! i love it !!!!! spot on in every facet you care to listen to , just a trully amazing recording from you Farrell and produced in one day !!!

Outstanding !! looks like you have some fans here ! count me in on that one !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Burtog

Amazing production
Amazing production
amazing production

I can hear some influencestoo, the harmonies sound awesome, gonna have another listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

..............drums reminded me of 'Cool for cats' at the beginning!

Fab

8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: pjd1 on December 05, 2011, 01:29:55 PMLike it !! i love it !!!!! spot on in every facet you care to listen to , just a trully amazing recording from you Farrell and produced in one day !!!

Outstanding !! looks like you have some fans here ! count me in on that one !!

Dunny

Thanks Dunny, Davidsen, and Burtog! It makes me feel to good to read these good comments about Distant Eyes.

Dunny - I wish I could repeat this one day production thingy but it hasn't happened again. I've not been able to find that energy zone since then but I still look for it.

Thanks all!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Recommended by TC... great stuff... especially love the start of this...and the ending...very strong...

gol dang man!  I just figured out your voice reminds me of the singer from April Wine...damn fine stuff...  I am certainly glad I found this from TC's input off one of the boards....he said this is what he listens to.... I can see why...killer!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner