Effects Pedals Between Guitar and Micro

Started by zzini, January 02, 2009, 07:11:02 AM

SdC

Saijinn, the effect of pedal fuzz boxes in combination with the BR's simple digital speaker simulator is always disappointing and without the amp sim it's a DI signal which is also no good as the pedal is designed for amplification though a speaker.
I think, looking at the type of music you post, a Line6 Pod might give you the sound you're looking for. I'm a big fan, but so is Kody which actually might mean something.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Saijinn Maas

So, using a POD would you still be routing through the regular 1/4 input on the MBR? Or are you going through the Stereo Line In?

I had a Line 6 Floor POD that I just got rid of BEFORE I got the MBR. I was never that satisfied with it myself. But I AM looking at the Boss ME-70.

BTW... After hearing your stuff, you have plenty of credibility and it DEFINITELY means something!

Thanks ;)

AndyR

Saijinn - I take the line outs from a POD XT Live (I use it for bass) and from a VOX Tonelab (for all my guitars), and put them into the stereo line in on the MBR.

The 1/4 guitar socket would sound bad - wrong level. the POD and VOX are putting out line level.

I haven't got any stomp boxes that I use any more, but if I was going to use, say, my old guvnor pedal into the MBR, I'd set up an amp sim in the MBR first, then plug the output of the guvnor into the MBR's 1/4, just like I used to plug into the front of an amp...

Without an amp simulator and/or speaker simulator, stomps designed to run into a guitar amp will sound vile... :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i have a wee munky that jumps up and down when i tell it tae, but its only got a mono tale. huz embdy got a stereo munkee
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

I think my monkey splits into stereo sometimes ... especially if I'm eating peanuts ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........