Proposal: "Achtung Baby" tribute by Songcrafters!

Started by FuzzFace, October 29, 2011, 08:59:50 PM

FuzzFace

Alright!  This is picking up!
I've made my selection, too.

Davidsen "Zoo Station"  
Burtog   "One"
dasilvasings  "Until the End of the World"
andrewh  "So Cruel"
thetworegs  "Mysterious Ways"
FuzzFace  "Acrobat"
Bluesberry "Love is Blindness"

There are still some great songs left!

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Davidsen on October 30, 2011, 01:59:29 PMHow long do you feel we should have to complete this?

I'm terribly excited about this, besides the Beatles , they are my favourite.

I think the live version is the style i'll go for , as the studio version is quite technology loaded.

This gets my blood flowing intensly,  it goes back a ways for me. Their concerts are an emotional journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsni9fEl4ws

How about having all the songs complete by the end of November??. We do, of course, have a U2 fest about to start over the next two months as well.

Zoo Station brings back good memories for me Ken. I saw them open with this on the Zoo TV tour in 1992 at Giants Stadium in New York, and also the following year at Wembley Stadium, and having seen a number of their tours this has always been my favourite live opener from them. Can't wait to hear your version of it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

andy casson

hello chaps

I don't mind having a crack at the Fly, though would prefer 'One' (I vaguely remember the chord progression!)
Count me in if it's not taken

Also one of my fav bands - prefer the Joshua Tree tour to Zooropa, but that might be an age (and senility) thing!

cheers
Andy

FuzzFace

Quote from: Davidsen on October 30, 2011, 01:59:29 PMHow long do you feel we should have to complete this?

I think the live version is the style i'll go for , as the studio version is quite technology loaded.

By the end of the U2 Fest would be a good timeframe.

I agree that the live arrangements are easier to execute almost across the board for this album.
I'll probably rearrange mine entirely.

Quote from: andycasson on October 30, 2011, 03:30:25 PMI don't mind having a crack at the Fly, though would prefer 'One' (I vaguely remember the chord progression!)
Count me in if it's not taken

There is nothing stopping people from doing the same song, especially since there is a U2 Fest on simultaneously.

My idea -- separate from the festival -- is for a few of us to cover Achtung Baby in it's entirety.

It's meant to be inspiring... not to hold anybody back!

Davidsen "Zoo Station"  
Burtog   "One"
dasilvasings  "Until the End of the World"
andrewh  "So Cruel"
andycasson  "The Fly"
thetworegs  "Mysterious Ways"
FuzzFace  "Acrobat"

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 30, 2011, 08:09:59 AMmay think about doing an acoustic fingerpicky version of something ......I think Love is Blindness would work good this way.
Looking forward to this, man!

danieldesete

Quote from: andrewh on October 30, 2011, 06:30:35 AMA CD came free with Q Magazine this month with various artists covering each song of this album. This is one of my favourites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5wcPHLl7Ds

what a brilliant cover !
hou hou ha ha

thetworegs

I was at the Wembly gig in 93 it was great the only critic was that they kept taking breaks it was like seeing four seperate shows each brilliant but it took away quite a bit of the energy from the show there was still plenty left . But it would have been even more intense without the breaks.i still have a Zoo note somewhere. it was the first time of the big screens which were really impressive and Bono as the Mcdevil character was brilliant.Anice memory of a great day......can't wait to hear everyone's contributions.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Facemask93

I might have a crack at ultraviolet , I'll check it out tonight

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

FuzzFace

Quote from: facemask93 on October 31, 2011, 07:21:47 AMI might have a crack at ultraviolet , I'll check it out tonight

Rob

I'll put you down for it tentatively!

Davidsen "Zoo Station" 
Burtog   "One"
dasilvasings  "Until the End of the World"
andrewh  "So Cruel"
andycasson  "The Fly"
thetworegs  "Mysterious Ways"
Facemask93  "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)"
FuzzFace  "Acrobat"

danieldesete

I must admit  felt really upset and betrayed when I first heard achtung baby. I just thought, now this is U2 playing dance music. I still prefer the josua tree and rattle and hum period, but I suppose they did well, changing stile and not really turning into dusty dinosaurs.

All this said, of course I can't wait to listen to your tribute
daniel
hou hou ha ha

Greeny

Looks like all the choice tunes have been taken! But if anyone needs some vocals, give me a shout.

I was lucky enough to see them at Earl's Court on the Elevation tour in the early noughties, and they really blew me away.