Proposal: "Achtung Baby" tribute by Songcrafters!

Started by FuzzFace, October 29, 2011, 08:59:50 PM

FuzzFace

Hey gang!

It's the 20th anniversary of U2 "Achtung Baby" this month.
I consider this album to be the more complex European counterpart to Pearl Jam "Ten".

A tribute album is coming out...
http://www.cristinarocks.com/2011/10/check-out-more-u2-covers-from-depeche.html

We could DEFINITELY do a better tribute!

Whaddya say!

If anyone is interested, select a song from the list below. 

It would be really cool if we could have a different songcrafter/collaboration for each song on the list!

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Acrobat
Love is Blindness

Burtog

I think it's quite a cool idea and am up for a colab if others are interested, not sure what tune tho.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

I'd be up for that...always fancied having a go at "So Cruel".

20th Anniversary of Nevermind by Nirvana also this year...another landmark album of 1991.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

I'm in.....i've been messing about with Mysterious Ways already can't play the song so i've tried a drums and voice version.....loved the album......helped me through a divorce........ i was working in Germany at the time ....... a great live show to boot ...a friend of mine even bought back a Trabbie in the snow.....not very good brakes....the brakes were as good as how hard you could press the peddle with your foot....but great fun 150 Deutchmarks about £75 .......we ended up Raffleing it and getting about £200 to go back to Germany with......A hell of a period in time.........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Quote from: thetworegs on October 30, 2011, 05:52:05 AMI'm in.....i've been messing about with Mysterious Ways already can't play the song so i've tried a drums and voice version.....loved the album......helped me through a divorce........ i was working in Germany at the time ....... a great live show to boot ...a friend of mine even bought back a Trabbie in the snow.....not very good brakes....the brakes were as good as how hard you could press the peddle with your foot....but great fun 150 Deutchmarks about £75 .......we ended up Raffleing it and getting about £200 to go back to Germany with......A hell of a period in time.........
Thats the power of good music right here, thanks for sharing this REg-Trev-man

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

A CD came free with Q Magazine this month with various artists covering each song of this album. This is one of my favourites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5wcPHLl7Ds

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Alright... so we have a few covered off already!

Davidsen "Zoo Station"  
andrewh  "So Cruel"
thetworegs  "Mysterious Ways"
Burtog   ? ? ?
FuzzFace  ? ? ?

Nice!

Burtog

Quote from: FuzzFace on October 30, 2011, 06:42:01 AMAlright... so we have a few covered off already!

Davidsen "Zoo Station"  
andrewh  "So Cruel"
thetworegs  "Mysterious Ways"
Burtog   ? ? ?
FuzzFace  ? ? ?

Nice!
Maybe I could have a go at 'One'!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

You know I can't resist something like this Fuzz.............I don't have much time these days, but may think about doing an acoustic fingerpicky version of something ......I'll have to think about which one would work the best that way

I think Love is Blindness would work good this way.  ok, I'm in.....I'll try Love is Blindness

Damn that Jack White version is shit hot, I love that.  Ok, I'm in, Jack convinced me

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dasilvasings

I'm not a great fan of U2, but that album has their only song I truly like: Until the end of the world.

Count me in!
recorder
Boss Micro BR