I'm going to America

Started by thetworegs, October 27, 2011, 03:38:38 AM

thetworegs

Reg has never been to America but he loves the idea of the freedom of such a huge country with so much variation.....so one day he's going to get himself a ticket and find out for himself.......mean while he'll have to do with writing songs about it........
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I'M GOING TO AMERICA (Lyrics)
I'm going to America
I'm going to America
I'm going to America to see if the life is really free
if you can live your very own dream
I'm going to America
I'm going to America to find the heart of this precious land
to venture into the dream land
I'm going to America
I'm going to America
where I'm going to see
if I can find  me
I'm going to America to find me
I'm going to America
I'm going to America
I'm going to America to try to find the heart of this precious land
to delve behind the dream
I'm going to America
I'm going to America
where I can see if I can really live my dream
to see if i can find me
going to America
going to America
where the bizarre meets the dream
where the dream can be real it seems
I'm going to America
I'm going to America
I'm going to America to find the land of the free
the land of the free

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

andy casson

Blimey, I really enjoyed this one Reg, simple construct but excellent vocals! You've put into words what most Brits aspire to and think about the USA. Would love to see it get a more complex arrangement from you, and curious to see what the guys in the US think?

Great song and vocals!
andy

Farrell Jackson

Good vocals regs! You know the old saying "the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence" is something to consider, or in this case it should be the other side of the pond lol. I think your lyric line "where the bizarre meets the dream" probably describes my outlook on America the best. Strange things can happen here. With the US economy in the dumps..... it let's us know that it's certainly not the land of the free. Although I think it's a good time to check us out......travel and lodging accommodations are cheap at this time.

I've never been to the UK either but I would certainly like to vacation there sometime.

Again, nice vocal work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Damn, I like this one! And not just because I've been to 46 States, lol. The piano is fabulous and works so well with that alternating soft / powerful vocal. An incredible melody that has overtones of Gershwin to my ears - perfect for the subject. I could also hear Jim Morrison singing this, as it reminds me of his range and delivery. I'm a bit bowled over by this one - gotta say I think it's my favourite of yours so far!

maxit

I missed it! I like it! (and let my musical mind travel there too....)
recorder
Audacity

Hook

I sh#t rainbows and wipe with kittens here in America, so come on over it's great!
Really liked this one!
Dream on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

One day I would like to go to America... they seem to forget Alaska is part of the US.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

thetworegs

thanks everyone@ Ratatat now Alaska that is a dream both me and my wife have so maybe one day that will actually be a reality........but the children are small 6,4,2 and one on the way in January so it's a distant dream at the moment .......one day.....@ Hook that's one crazy diet your on out there....@ Farrell England is the opposite at the moment everything is as expensive as hell and taxed way too high....but at least song writings free.......for now ......once the government see we're enjoying ourselves for free they'll be taxing that too......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Damn good music and performing!! Vocals and piano is fine combination and you did really well!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann