surface by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 18, 2011, 07:16:14 AM

Oldrottenhead

surface by orh
Time:
0:00
Volume:
experimental pretentious repetitive meanderings.

surface
words and music
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

andy casson

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 18, 2011, 07:16:14 AMexperimental pretentious repetitive meanderings.

surface
words and music
oldrottenhead

It might be, but it's bloody clever, I love the guitar work! Early Floyd/Eno feel? As there are no lyrics, have to ask what is rising to the surface?
I think this is fab
Andy

Oldrottenhead

not sure what is rising to the surface, lyric in part inspired by a documentary about john martyn, who was quite a fiery character that was better able to express himself through his music than by other means.

no actual guitars or instruments where involved in this one, i was trying to create a midi drum track and assigned it to the wrong vst instrument. liked what i heard, so recorded a few bars of it to an audio track. looped it, time stretched it, repeated it, chopped it up added various reverb effects to the various versions of the original loop. then some stream of thought jibberish rose the surface and recorded that over it..
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Glenn Mitchell

Very cool and a great idea to reassign drums to other instruments.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

lg

I love all this experimentation!
Straight to my Piepod....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

andy casson

Crikey, Jon Martyn! Solid Air! That takes me back to a mis-spent youth, 'I don't want to know' was one of my favs, and I had completely forgotten about it (on vinyl... in a loft or garage somewhere...maybe?)
Thanks for the memory job, more experimentation please...meanwhile I am going to go find some JM to download!

Andy

Gnasty

Hey now that`s quite the great idea you did with the background(music?)

Whatever you or i can call it, it works!! Nice one Jim!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Oh yes...very creative with the looping and cutting and pasting. I can't wait to get into some midi... this has really got my creative side inspired to get on with it and go out and buy a some keys. I've played with the VST instruments a little but just with the keyboard. Seems like an endless amount of instruments at your fingertips. Great job Jim... awesome as always.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

cuthbert

Oh yeah, this is right up my street. Love the loop and the MIDI trick, great ideas.

And of course the song is great!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase